Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get a biker jacket?

• 30-05-2006 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Does anyone know some good places around Dublin to get a leather biker jacket? I'm talking about the kick-ass, heavy metal style rather than a light fashionable one. :D Either new or a beat up second hand one. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

You want a second hand one - they look ****e new and are poxy to break in unless you go hang out at a really rough pub (needs a mix of blood, sweat and dust/scratches to look good). I suggest try ebay or the for bike forum here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

Flip in temple bar, or a few of the vintage stores near it, you should be able to get a second hand one there, not sure where you could get a new one or wild child on georges street, near the top, again it's vintage so a beat up old one might be the only one you could get :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

As a biker (proper one) I personally find people wearing biker jackets as a fashion statement offensive. You will also look very silly when people realise that you don't actually have a bike :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Leah_K

Thanks for all your advice. I've tried Wild Child and the vintage shops around Temple Bar, but no luck yet.
    K-TRIC wrote:
    As a biker (proper one) I personally find people wearing biker jackets as a fashion statement offensive. You will also look very silly when people realise that you don't actually have a bike :p

Hey! I have a pretty mean 4-speed mountain bike with a kick-stand and basket and everything ;) (Offensive? Really? Do you think depression-era US farm hands feel the same about jeans and denim jackets? :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

K-TRIC wrote:

I find it kind of silly tbh - bike clothes are warm when you're not on the bike! OP are you after an acutal jacket you'd wear on a bike or one of those fake ones like you'd see on something set in 50's/60s america..say like Happy Days?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Leah_K

Yeah, 50's style, but not a Fonzie jacket! It's not for wearing on a bike, it's only a fashion thing. Partly because I'm an angsty teen no-one understands and partly because I think they look cool. I know thick leather jackets are real warm and heavy, but I like 'em. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

haha I didn't want to say Fonzie!! You should be able to pick up a second hand one in Temple Bar..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

tk123 wrote:
    I find it kind of silly tbh - bike clothes are warm when you're not on the bike! OP are you after an acutal jacket you'd wear on a bike or one of those fake ones like you'd see on something set in 50's/60s america..say like Happy Days?!

erm, sarcasim :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Mr.Gear, think its across from Arnotts in abbey street.Not sure though,just heard of it.

Eager Beaver do them too.

Bomber jackets for the win though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I would have thought Wild Child would be the best bet.
    I'm gonna get me a Lewis Leathers Lightning one of these days..

• Advertisement
Advertisement