Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boris "Pink"

• 30-05-2006 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

This just arrived through my letterbox this morning. Well I'm lying, it was a big package, we had to open the door to take it in. But I digress. This album is killer! I'm more than familiar with this great band but it's really unlike what they've done before. It's not doom laden like their old stuff and it's far more psychedelic than their garage rock type stuff. It's fuzzed out and trippy and oh so heavy. I highly recommend it, it'll clean out your ears.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Quite good, I liked it a lot even though it's a way less doomy and sludge than their older stuff.

I even get hints of Sufjan Stevens in the title track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I know nothing of Sufjan Stevens, I really am a bad Alt/Indie mod. Personally I'm glad Boris have moved a bit away from their doom/sludge style. Not that there's anything wrong with it but there's only so many feedback drone albums you can release. This one reminds me of My Bloody Valentine but heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Locust Reign

Yeah I really liked this album too, i found a kinda Jesu vibe to the first song... Unfortunately I've only given the album one full listen, but it was a good one! Some excellent full on rockers too!

What other albums do you recommend by boris?
    I have Amplifier Workshop and a copy of the Boris/Merzbow thing (Megatone)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

The new Boris/Merzbow album Sun Baked Snow Cave is pretty good. Absolutego is classic noisy Boris , similar to Amplifier Worship. Akuma No Uta is another balls to floor rocker. More stripped back than Pink. They're all easily available, the rest are all pretty much impossible to get because they're out of print or Japan only releases. Most of their back catalogue is really good.

Advertisement