Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV internet down?

• 30-05-2006 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has suffered loss of UTV broadband in the Ballsbridge (Beggar's Bush Exchange) area today?

I have a really odd situation. My modem's status is showing a 1024kbps downstream DSL connection active with pretty decent stats but the PPPoE link is down. The really weird bit is that it's supposed to be a 2mbit/s connection. This status page normally reflects the correct speed for the downlink.

I rang UTV and they're saying it's an eircom exchange issue of some sort. Very annoying though.

Modem status : (seems like it's connected perfectly to a default dead 1mbit/s channel on the DSLAM instead of what it's supposed to be hooked up to)

DSL Status: UP DSL Modulation Mode: GDMT DSL Path Mode: INTERLEAVED Downstream Rate: 1024 Kbps Upstream Rate: 256 Kbps Downstream Margin: 27 db Upstream Margin: 26 db Downstream Line Attenuation: 34 Upstream Line Attenuation: 17 Downstream Transmit Power: 0 Upstream Transmit Power: 0

Advertisement