Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung R7

• 30-05-2006 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

So I did finally decide on a new LCD TV, the Samsung 32' R7.

I didn't actually buy it from Komplett, I instead bought the same model from Harvey Norman in Cork. The TV was marked at €1599, a bit steep given the price of €1249 on Komplett. So I haggled, eventually getting the Harvey Norman guy down to €1379 + free Amstrad DVD player + money off wall bracket.

I have found the TV of good quality, no dead pixels (yet anyway), and I've been testing it as a computer monitor too.

I have attached some pics as compared in size to a Dell 17' monitor. Pics taken at night and during the day. All extremely good quality pictures on the Samsung. Sound quality is fine, with SRS. The R7 has VGA in, 2 x SCART, HDMI, and assorted A/V.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Can I ask a daft question but how do u connect a PC up to the tv? I presume it is activated on screen as you would with a dvd player or sat receiver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gavinsblog

Just a PC button on the remote, standard VGA connection. In fact I used the VGA cable from my monitor. It's maximum resolution is 1024x768

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

gavinsblog wrote:
    So I did finally decide on a new LCD TV, the Samsung 32' R7.

I have found the TV of good quality, no dead pixels (yet anyway), and I've been testing it as a computer monitor too.

Welcome to the club. I got my Sammy about 6 months ago and I still love it.

Enjoy.

Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

is that BF2...mmmh bf2 on a panel...well that has to be a blast...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Ye,
    I got the 37" so far so good. I good TV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement