Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos over scars?

Options
  • 30-05-2006 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

i have many scars on my arms and was wondering if its possible for them to be tattoo'd over? none are very thick and i really want to get most of my forearms and up to my shoulders done. and info will be greatly appreciated

also are stretch marks a problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

It can be done, but is not comfortable or easy, bring yourself to an artist and get an opinion, if they think they can take it on then they normally can.
    Artists dont like working stretchmarks as they provide technical problems but like I say if the artist is reputable and confident that they can work with it then go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

I've just gotten a piece on my leg over a lot of scar tissue. The problem with, so far as I can see anyway, is that A) it's gonna need a lot of touch ups, an B) holy sh1t it hurts like hell. I've got a piece on the inside of my left wrist aswell and it was nowhere near as sore. It really depends on what you want done aswell though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Dont think stretchmarks are a problem but it will be hard to find a tattooist to do over scars.

AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ugliest

most tattooers i've met dont really have a problem tattooing over scars aslong as they're faded, ie not in the bright red welt stage.

dunno if anyone could tattoo over them then, but old scars no problem.

ive got some very raised ones+twas no problem gettin 'em inked over once they faded to white, noone would touch em when they were red.

in summary, if you've got welty keloid type scars it'll be difficult+might be a few years before you can get them tattooed over (once they've faded enough) but the texture can add to the piece;)

try keep your skin soft+healthy+it'll help em fade faster, vitamin e cream or aloe vera help too.

it is a bit more painful gettin scars tattooed over but only slightly+its really worth it.

make sure you really want the tattoos though because time WILL heal the scars, but you dont wanna be stuck with a really visible tattoo you got cos you were ashamed or something at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

talked to the guy in the tattoo shop opposite cannabis, he said he wud do it

the worst scar i have is on the inside of my left wrist im getting the chinese symbol "to die young" over it. felt that one was appropriate and it goes with my whole idea to have chinese writing all up the inside of my arm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Sm0ke wrote:
    talked to the guy in the tattoo shop opposite cannabis, he said he wud do it

the worst scar i have is on the inside of my left wrist im getting the chinese symbol "to die young" over it. felt that one was appropriate and it goes with my whole idea to have chinese writing all up the inside of my arm!

Try Zulu around the corner. I don't like that shop opposite Cannabiz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ugliest

oh yeh, forgot to say, colourworks did mine.

(on the same street as zulu, beside central bank, up the stairs beside hysteria, love those guys, do really good work

www.colourworkstattoostudio.com )

good luck.

Advertisement