Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clearwire modem - awkward position

• 30-05-2006 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

have clearwire bb (only thing i can get bar sattelite). service is pretty crap, but am stuck with it. have discovered that the best signal i can get is with modem high on shed roof. is there a) anyway of attaching an antennae to the modem and running it up to the roof or b) perhaps stick it in a perspex box and attach to the roof.

anyone any experience doing this?

tia..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

that sounds ****, give out to clearwire thats not acceptable coverage if they say you should have coverage. If your in Dublin try digiweb metro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭depadz

yes it is crap.
    but unforunately have no choice.
    no ntl in area.
    line was not good enough for dsl (local exchange is, but my line was not so i cancelled it as no need for it) - my neighbours is fine but mine isn't, i suspect due to some line splitter thing being in the house (multigain 2000) as the previous owners had 'two' lines but nobody in eircom would come out to remove it. i would get dsl if i could.
    cannot get digiweb (no line of sight from house, engineer got up on roof..)
    cannot get ibb (from forums, sounds like its crap anyway).
    have been onto their 'customer service' a few times. last guy basically said if i wasn't happy with the service, cancel it (in a nice way..)
    as i say, i have no real choice but to stick with it. hoping ntl will upgarde area at some stage..

Advertisement