Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam stress

• 30-05-2006 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Im going to make up a leaflet on exam stress for leaving cert and junior cert students, any ideas on anything that would be a good theme/eyecatcher?
    Or any other ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

ya..... take plenty of breaks. no study after 9 every night. one sleep in (past 11 anyway) per week. and no more than 3 - 4 hours study per day (not including work in school)....its working for me.

oh and plenty of sport...you cant beat the GAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Well...I think getting into a routine is unbelievably helpful. I don't mean even a study plan, I mean going to bed/getting up at the same time each day, taking breaks at similiar times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

oh yeah the study plans.. i hate the ones u read now.. they are crap.. telling u all this ****.. just put on it... Study when u want to.. thats all u need to put on it.. seriously.. study when u want to.. think about it.. it's our decision..

but if you are gonna do it..

make it for the parents not the students..

stuff like.. give them a break.. etc etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Yeah tell them to forget about study plans altogether, that you only spend the time you should be studying writing one out and making it all pretty :)
    And then when you don't stick to it you get really down on yourself and start stressing even more!

Taking loads of breaks to go for a walk, have a snack, watch your fave programme and to enjoy your weekends! That its ok to go out and have great night so long as your hangover doesnt effect the study on sunday :P!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

deisedolly wrote:
    Taking loads of breaks to go for a walk, have a snack, watch your fave programme and to enjoy your weekends! That its ok to go out and have great night so long as your hangover doesnt effect the study on sunday :P!

Hehe, I'm just back from a massage. It's great I recommened it to anyone really stressed out :)

If you stress yourself out too much you won't be able to concentrate properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement