Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England v Hungary

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

The pints are on you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

county wrote:
    hope it stays 3-1 as i`ve a few quid on it
    with this scoreline you are really spoiling us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Brilliant again from Wright,
    'I don't know what Hargreaves is doing, he must know something, something about Sven'

PHB wrote:
    Brilliant again from Wright,
    'I don't know what Hargreaves is doing, he must know something, something about Sven'
    yeah lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

sh1t goal, my dead grandmother could score in that amount of space.

that was the copperfaced jacks of goals.....

*yawn*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I love it when Crouchnino scores, all the tiresome bar-stool fans can choke
    on thier Babysham.

Pity Walcott did'nt get a goal but that would have been too much!

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    I love it when Crouchnino scores, all the tiresome bar-stool fans can choke
    on thier Babysham.

and a FOSTERS for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OT, but does anyone have a vid or link of the Goal of the Season candidates? I missed them at half-time, so a vid would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

bru

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

el rabitos wrote:
    *yawn*

mummy let you stay up to watch the football did she?
    and on a school night too.

no wonder youre tired.

• Advertisement

mummy let you stay up to watch the football did she?
    and on a school night too.

no wonder youre tired.
    you're bitter!

What happened to the love?

Carrrick got left out - thats what happened to the love.

Mike.

bitter?

becuase i dont think that scoring a goal when there is no one within 5 yards of you is a momentus event?

crikey. maybe i just think that turning a blindly swinging at a ball isnt 'sublime'.

it makes me laugh when the pool players go on about him, and if that crouch being 'sublime' then i reckon pool are in deperate need of a striker.

mike65 wrote:
    Carrrick got left out - thats what happened to the love.

Mike.

oh dear. you pool fans sure do take it personally.

bitter?

becuase i dont think that scoring a goal when there is no one within 5 yards of you is a momentus event?

crikey. maybe i just think that turning a blindly swinging at a ball isnt 'sublime'.

it makes me laugh when the pool players go on about him, and if that crouch being 'sublime' then i reckon pool are in deperate need of a striker.
    AFAIK Jivin Turkey isn't a pool player.

either way, it was moreso your mommy let you stay up comments that were bitter.

I think you need a hug.

I think you need a hug.

i think he needs a kick up his moany hole

• Advertisement

el rabitos wrote:
    i think he needs a kick up his moany hole
    maybe you need a hug too.

*arms wide open* :D :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Saw 60mins worth, but from that whats obvious is that Carrick should be starting, I'd also be putting in his spurs team mates Lennon and Defoe as well. Owen didn't look good at all, not as a lone striker.

Missed Crotchs goal/dance as well :)

oh wwm you're a divil ;)

el rabitos wrote:
    *arms wide open* :D :eek:
    (>^_^)> <(^_^<)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i'm sorry crouch's goal was a great finish, and if you think it wasnt then spurs didnt score a good goal all season... fool...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

hugs and love in a soccer forum,its just not right:rolleyes: :D

Call_me_al wrote:
    i'm sorry crouch's goal was a great finish, and if you think it wasnt then spurs didnt score a good goal all season... fool...

i do need a hug after that.

i do need a hug after that.
    (>^_^)> <(^_^<)

Group hugs. Yikes!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

[QUOTE=mike65
    Pity Walcott did'nt get a goal but that would have been too much!
    [/QUOTE]

Naw David Dein didn't allow him score :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

From tonight:

Beckham's kept Lennon out of the team with those two frees.
    Carra at DMC...see my comments on the other thread.
    WWM is half right about Crouch's goal, loads of space to play with/**** up but well struck all the same.
    Walcott on strongly suggests that no matter who replaces Rooney in the squad, they'll still be at the back of the queue.
    Gerrard's dive was a disgrace, but not as bad as Ian Wright's excuse. Shut up your twonk.

England were **** for the first 40 minutes, and large parts of the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

becuase i dont think that scoring a goal when there is no one within 5 yards of you is a momentus event?.

Gerrard had more space than that in the cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

mike65 wrote:
    Group hugs. Yikes!

Mike.
    go on then,you twisted my arm:)

he did have half the west ham team between him and goal though.
    oh, and an additional 15 yards.

but hey, i never said you couldnt think it was the best goal ever or that croucg is the king of the kop.

i just disagree.

If you watch carefully, the space that Crouch had was due to a great little run by Walcott.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Lampard had a great game didn't he? :) Seriously though, you don't get much more from Lampard in an England shirt except a goal every other game. I think 4-4-2 may now be the best option with Carrick-Gerrard in the centre but it's definitely not gonna happen now.

Lampard ws the second least visible player (after Owen). Joe Cole seems to be cast-iron left side first choice now which is bad news for Downing who has an actual left foot.

Mike.

Lampard is not a 4-4-2 player, he plays as the most attacking player in a trio of midfield players.
    In that position he is one of the best in the world.
    In other positions he is just a good player.

For England, he does it where it counts, much more than any other English midfielder, and will get you goals in the world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

eirebhoy wrote:
    Seriously though, you don't get much more from Lampard in an England shirt except a goal every other game.
    No wonder some people consider him one of the best in the world so.....

damn that goal every other game.
    if it wasnt for that, hed only be really really good!
    besides, its pretty hard to look good when you cant get the ball because your DCM cant pass the ball forward.....

I always make it my job to watch Lampard and trust me, if Kevin Nolan stood in the most open of spaces to receive a pass whether his team have the ball or not he'd be scoring and assisting a load too. For every goal he scores they'll concede one as his work rate off the ball is zilch. It's different with Chelsea as everyone from Terry to Duff to Drogba harass the opposition at every opportunity.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I always make it my job to watch Lampard and trust me, if Kevin Nolan stood in the most open of spaces to receive a pass whether his team have the ball or not he'd be scoring and assisting a load too.

huh?
    what, so its now bad football to be make space for yourself? and this scoring thing, thats also bad?

i completely fail to understand what you are trying to say sometimes. or maybe you just need to explain yourself better.
    eirebhoy wrote:
    For every goal he scores they'll concede one as his work rate off the ball is zilch. .

????

how do you figure that. for every goal he scores, he causes the team to concede one. interesting theory.
    although, im sure lampard only scored about 15 goals for chelsea last season, and yet they conceeded 22! so actually, he is personally reponsible for conceeding 1.5 goals (roughly) per goal he scores, according to your logic.

if you could just explain that to me again so that i understand exactly what you mean, id certailny appreciate it.
    eirebhoy wrote:
    . It's different with Chelsea as everyone from Terry to Duff to Drogba harass the opposition at every opportunity.

sorry, is this the 'other' team?

i mean, i have no problem with you not liking lampard. its fairly obvious you just dont rate him, and thats fine.

but just realise that the vast majority of people dont agree with you, and just becuase you 'make a point' of watching him (although, why you would do that to a team you hate, in a country you hate and a player you hate is beyond me, perhaps you just dont like yourself much?) does not actually mean that you are correct.

it just means youre biased (possibly the big hate thing you have going on?)

but oyu work away trying to convince people that hes a crap player.

I agree with WhiteWashMan, Lampard is completely overrated.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he's the cause of all of Chelsea's goals conceeded, but he's certainly the weak link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I agree with WhiteWashMan, Lampard is completely overrated.
    Are you sure you agree with him?
    mike65 wrote:
    which is bad news for Downing who has an actual left foot.
    Don't they all? ;)

• Advertisement

huh?
    what, so its now bad football to be make space for yourself? and this scoring thing, thats also bad?
    A central midfield player is supposed to tackle or at least put pressure on the opposition. Lampard doesn't go near an opposing player unless he's within a 2 yard radius of him. That is the reason Lampard is anonymous in half of his games for England. John Hartson guarantees you goals but he's still getting sold for £500k because he can't bloody run.
    how do you figure that. for every goal he scores, he causes the team to concede one. interesting theory.
    although, im sure lampard only scored about 15 goals for chelsea last season, and yet they conceeded 22! so actually, he is personally reponsible for conceeding 1.5 goals (roughly) per goal he scores, according to your logic.

if you could just explain that to me again so that i understand exactly what you mean, id certailny appreciate it.
    First of all, he has the defence, the attackers, the wingers and the central midfielders to do the dirty work at Chelsea. That's certainly not the case with England. Poor Gerrard was virtually playing up front last night but had to get back all the time when Hungary had the ball. Lampard did fck all. I say this all the time but I've no reason to be biased. He doesn't do any work off the ball unless the opposition run into him. On the ball Frank Lampard is basically a Paul Scholes of old. Scholes couldn't tackle but he still harassed the opposition and wouldn't give them any space.

Maybe he'll get away with it in a 4-5-1 but he should be playing ahead of Gerrard and not the way it was last night.
    although, why you would do that to a team you hate, in a country you hate and a player you hate is beyond me, perhaps you just dont like yourself much?)
    What a bloody accusation to make. I can't say I like you very much. You're one of the biggest trolls on this forum. Where's the thread to congratulate Celtic on the league? Anyway..
    it just means youre biased (possibly the big hate thing you have going on?)
    Biased against what/who exactly? Lampard goes hiding when the going gets tough, that's why I don't rate him as highly as most. If the ball is flowing through him he'll have a good game but he'll never perform well on the losing side, unlike Gerrard.
    and just becuase you 'make a point' of watching him does not actually mean that you are correct.
    I know I come across that way a lot but I don't think I know more than anyone else. I just put forward my opinion without the letters 'imo' after every sentence.

eirebhoy wrote:
    A central midfield player is supposed to tackle or at least put pressure on the opposition. Lampard doesn't go near an opposing player unless he's within a 2 yard radius of him. That is the reason Lampard is anonymous in half of his games for England. John Hartson guarantees you goals but he's still getting sold for £500k because he can't bloody run.

i disagree. although hartson is a forward so im not entirely sure your comparison is accurate.

perhaps celtic should sell their keeper as well, i have never seen him tackle anyone i nthe centre circle, by your logic...
    eirebhoy wrote:
    First of all, he has the defence, the attackers, the wingers and the central midfielders to do the dirty work at Chelsea. That's certainly not the case with England. Poor Gerrard was virtually playing up front last night but had to get back all the time when Hungary had the ball. Lampard did fck all. I say this all the time but I've no reason to be biased. He doesn't do any work off the ball unless the opposition run into him. On the ball Frank Lampard is basically a Paul Scholes of old. Scholes couldn't tackle but he still harassed the opposition and wouldn't give them any space..

if you say so
    i dont agree myself. i see lampard run around all the time personally, but then again, i dont have a player cam on him all the time.
    eirebhoy wrote:
    Maybe he'll get away with it in a 4-5-1 but he should be playing ahead of Gerrard and not the way it was last night.

i'll forward your advice to sven. i think hes still open to some experimental formations.
    eirebhoy wrote:
    What a bloody accusation to make. I can't say I like you very much. You're one of the biggest trolls on this forum. Where's the thread to congratulate Celtic on the league? Anyway..

ah, well that makes everything i say and every opinion i hold immediately redundent right?
    i mean, all you have to say is 'youre a troll' and magically your opinion is correct. fair enough.
    i suppose it easier than actually backing up your points. but again, fair enough.

as for the celtic thing, im unsure what your point is there.
    eirebhoy wrote:
    Biased against what/who exactly? Lampard goes hiding when the going gets tough, that's why I don't rate him as highly as most. If the ball is flowing through him he'll have a good game but he'll never perform well on the losing side, unlike Gerrard.

again, i disagree.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I know I come across that way a lot but I don't think I know more than anyone else. I just put forward my opinion without the letters 'imo' after every sentence.

and thats fair enough. and im only challenging your opinion.

or is that trolling?
    /shrugs

A central midfield player is supposed to tackle or at least put pressure on the opposition.

Why? His job is to make his team win, and he does that.

PHB wrote:
    Why? His job is to make his team win, and he does that.
    Ian Harte won the game for Levante at the weekend with two goals... he's so bad defensively that they'll concede a lot more goals than they would with Zambrotta at left back.

In which case, they'll lose the game, so he'd have failed overall.

Lampard has two main jobs, goals and assists, and he does this.
    The rest of the team is not his problem, he does what he's meant to do.

Sven is the one ****ing up here, he shouldn't be playing that sort of player in a 4-4-2, as it is bad for the team, that's why Lampard should play in a 4-3-3.

• Advertisement
Advertisement