Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband.

• 30-05-2006 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭

i know there are alot of threads about them but i have recently found out that they put up a new mast relatively close to me. I live in Whites Cross in Cork which is about 5km north of the city. I am about 8km from the nearest exchange and the current digiweb metro mast is pointing the wrong way for me. but there are plans to put a new one up at farmers cross which will be almost 11km from my house.

So basically my only two options are the new IBB mast near my house not quite sure of the exact km or the new digiweb mast that might be too far away from my house.

if you look on the IBB coverage map for cork you will see my area is covered but the colour is a slightly darker colour than the rest any ideas what this might suggest?

what is the main reason for people having trouble with IBB? my area isnt heavily populated so it should be ok in terms of contention.

what is the minimum contract with IBB?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Cochise

im in cork i got ibb service is good but there billing is a joke. €35 a month, they didnt try take the direct debit at all for about 6 months and then tryed to take €210. i rang them gave them my credit card no which had about €220 limit left so i though no more until my credit card statement arrived and they had waited until the end of month and tried to take €245 so my card rejected it. There email support i have never gotten a reply from and everal times ive been known to yell down the phone at their technical support team. So Be warned run away from irish broadband, give chorus a ring if you have chorus tv u can get broadband for €35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

thanks for the reply. i cant get chorus and wont be able to ever id imagine. IBB are the only ones that can provide BB and theres an outside chance of metro.

is the main problem with IBB poor service because of over subscription or is it a bad service anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

IBB also have a new mast @ Farmers Cross btw, major improvement in service over the last few week too so give them a call and get them to do a site survey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RekcaH

Irish BroadBand are the Devil!

left us with a speed of 0.5 kb for ages.. had to keep refreshing webpages multiple times to get them to load at all as the connection kept timing out...

Basically ibb is a world of hurt...

though they probably have a better service outside dublin...
    if you are going to use them dont take any excuses..

we personally lodged a complaint with comreg.. doesnt seem to have had any effect..

we now use magnet.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Magnet... they look like another disaster waiting to happen...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RekcaH

why do you say that munster? ..whats the word on the street..

only went active today... getting speeds of 300kb a sec all day...

time will tell i suppose..

limit is set at 25gig for the moment though, which is a bummer as there are 3 of us on the line...!

Advertisement