Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pharmacy

• 30-05-2006 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

hey im thinking of doing pharmacy next year, but now im starting to worry.
    everyone i have heard of who has done the course has said that the course is really hard and boring!
    i was just wondering is there any point doing pharmacy anymore especially since in a couple of years companies like walgreens will end up taking over the market.
    how much would i realistically be making upon becoming a pharmacist?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Firstly the course is really interesting (we share lectures with pharmacy) but the problem is most people go into as a means of getting a cushy job, not as a learning experience so they tend to think it's boring. I see it with most of the pharmacy students that they just see it as a chore, not as the fascinating field that it is. Secondly, there's always a point to doing pharmacy as pharmacists aren't just the people behind the counter in Boots. Hospitals employ pharmacists who play a role in deciding what treatments are needed for a given patient. They work with the doctors to make sure that the drug treatment given is the best possible. As for salary, I don't know but it's a very decent starting wage from what I gather and as you get more experience I'm sure it builds up to something that will keep you very comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭helles belles

thanks

Advertisement