Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form Navigation

Options
  • 30-05-2006 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

I have a simple problem , yet its doing my head in , its as follows :

form1

Form 1 Opens form 2 - passing in a ref to form 1

form 2 calls a sub in form1 opening form 3

Close form 2

- In the above process, form 2 opens , then calls back to form 1 which opens form 3 and form 2 closes itself.

BUT the focus is left on form 1, as the last line in the code stack is the opening of form 2. Where as I would like the focus on form 3 !

I have done this hundereds of times before , but just cant solve it this time. If anyone can follow the above and has an idea , let me know please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

document.form1.focus();
    when it's needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

EDIT:Got there just ahead of me! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

cheers guys , not exactly what I was looking for , more of the logical workings of form calling , but I have used formx.bringtofront, it works which is the main thing , just I have a feeling there is a neater way of doing it.

I don't understand you're use of the word neat in this context... I can't see how one line of code is untidy in any way... so I can't really help further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Its my fault , I dont think I can explain what I want with out coding out large parts of it as an example. But thanks for looking

• Advertisement

No problem

Advertisement