Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inchydoney

• 30-05-2006 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for advice on Inchydoney for next Sunday.

Haven't been there in about 25yrs but going to be back down in Cork for the weekend and thought I'd show the wife & kids the beach where I used to spend most summers and get sunday lunch in the Hotel Lodge & Spa.

How is the hotel for Sunday lunch? Anything else to do in the area in case of bad weather? I think I read somewhere there is a Model Railway Village in Clonakilty which would keep my 2 boys happy.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

the model railway village is just on the left as you leave clon to go to the beach.

i only ever get chips/hot choc in the hotel bar, but tis quite nice, other ppl's food looks massive. be prepared fro it to be jammers for the bank holiday w/e.

inchidoney is a great beach :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Tree wrote:
    the model railway village is just on the left as you leave clon to go to the beach.

i only ever get chips/hot choc in the hotel bar, but tis quite nice, other ppl's food looks massive. be prepared fro it to be jammers for the bank holiday w/e.

inchidoney is a great beach :D

My most favourite of all beaches. The place is going to be jammers on a bank holiday and if u dont get there early u may have to walk a little. Not much to do at all on the beach except do beach stuff. Clon itself isnt going to provide much entertainment for the kids. All i know of is the model railway.

Still though the beach is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

The food in the hotel is lovely. nothing much to do there except the model railway village. Maby see shannon vale where clon play their rugby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Things have changed since your last visit - the hotel dominates the whole place - it's huge and ugly. It's redeemed by the fairly good food and at least you can't see it when you're looking out from inside.
    It's going to be busy though. If it's full you could try O'Donovan's hotel in Clon for a Sunday roast.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

or the rossa grill for chips :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Tree wrote:

Conversion! :D

Conversion! :D
    yeah, but their peas aren't mushy and the potato pies aren't a patch on the ones you get in cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Tree wrote:
    Is that place still there?

I remember stopping there as a kid and me getting a hamburger & chips, the brother getting a batter sausage & chips and the sis getting a better burger & chips. Ah the memories.

Well, we got to Inch about noon..place was mobbed at that stage but managed to find parking 5 min walk from hotel.

Got lunch in the bar straight away just before the place got busy and spent the day on the beach.

Great day out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Dec's Diner > Rossa grill ;)

Illkillya wrote:
    Dec's Diner > Rossa grill ;)

Ah prefer the Rossa to Dec's. The Rossa has yummier chips!

• Advertisement

while the rossa's chips are great. its peas and potoato pies leave a lot to be desired

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

isn't that the beach with those mary shell thingys?

DamienH wrote:
    isn't that the beach with those mary shell thingys?

Isn't that Simon's Cove?

i've picked up more of them on inchydoney and garryvoe than simon's cove.

inchydoney is great for late night visits with a few cans and a rug, watch out for the sandhoppers though...

In all fairness, you were the only one wiggin' out over them!

well it was dark... and my feet were exposed to them... and well, yeah, whatever :P

my belongings are all full of sand, even my wallet :(

Advertisement