Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What wireless setup?

• 30-05-2006 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭

I was looking to get a wireless setup at home so that I wouldnt have to have the phone line right next to my computer. I only have dial up (no broadband were I live!!) so I was was wondering is there any wireless routers that would take in a dial up connection and I could have some sort of receiver on the home PC that could dial into this. So the setup that I have is:
    A home PC
    2 wireless enabled laptops.

Is it possible that I could have the internet on and say use the laptop and home PC for the internet at the same time?
    Before people go saying that this is all probably a stupid setup to have and that the bandwidth would be pure rubbish, I know all this already, have been used to a 100Mb connection for the last 2 years.
    Any help appreciated, thanks

Comments

Advertisement