Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3GPP Questions...

Options
  • 30-05-2006 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

I'm making a DVD of highlights of the college year, and I've made a few of my own videos using Windows Movie Maker, the product of course being in .wmv format. Other clips I have from digital cameras are in either .wmv, .avi or .mpg, and I know that these will be compatible with the DVD and will play straight with no problems... However I'd like to know if 3GPP videos from a mobile phone can be burnt straight to disc and do they playback without any problems? Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i don't think so since afaik, 3GP files require an additional codec to be played. i'm sure there's some conversion software around though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

cheers yeah i have a trial version of river past video cleaner but a lot of the quality is lost and it leaves this irritating napster-logo-like orange tag in the bottom left hand corner of the screen when you convert from 3GP to AVI... Plus it places a ceiling of 2mins on conversion lengths... Ideally, I'd like to be able to put more than 2 mins of mobile phone footage onto a DVD without visual tags or conversion, if at all possible. Cheers for the help

Advertisement