Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peter Crouch Poll

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    nope. its 80-1 for the Crouch top-goalscorer and england winning the world-cup combo. I'd nearly go for it, but I can't guarantee Crouch's team-mates won't let him down.

You ass!! I was on about the thread!! :D:D:p

But wasn't Klose the same "build" as Crouch and he got topscorer in the last WC????? So it maybe worth a tenner! First time I will be cheering a Liverpool player!!!! :eek: :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

yop wrote:
    You ass!! I was on about the thread!! :D:D:p

But wasn't Klose the same "build" as Crouch and he got topscorer in the last WC????? So it maybe worth a tenner! First time I will be cheering a Liverpool player!!!! :eek: :o

Ronaldo was top scorer iirc. Also Klose got 4 (of his 6?) in 1 game against Saudi Arabia

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

RE*AC*TOR you werent on beer last night by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd nearly stick money on Crouch - trouble is Sven may just not play him enough for him to score many. Perhaps by the start of the tournament it'll be clear who his preference for the front line is.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

What's odds on Crouch not getting 1? I'd back that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

What odds on Crouch becoming the next Pope. I'd go for that ahead of him being top scorer in the WC, better chance of collecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

PHB wrote:
    He's the greatest player ever, I think he has the potential to be 8 or 9 feet tall

Prob's PHB's best ever post.

I wonder if Peter Crouch could be a dancer in a John Barne's Rap song? Pass and Move, it's the Liverpool Groove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Thanx 4 the Fish - thanks for adding Keyser Soze 5's choice into the poll.

Much appreciated.

at this point 78% of boards.ie users (Ireland's largest online community) chose Peter Crouch as the GREATEST player.

approximately 22% said they thought Peter Crouch was a great player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

And yet you continue to post in it, more of a reflection on you than anybody Nelly.

As for Crouch, he came on and did a job, scored a nice goal too. Two on thebounce for him in internationals now, that's not too shabby.

If you did know anything I am one of Crouch biggest fans on here and said he is a great player while everyone was slagging him off on here after Liverpool signed him

But sure dont look past that to get a little dig in there. And who said to me that mods on here arnt petty little kids.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

And yet you continue to post in it, more of a reflection on you than anybody Nelly.
    He has to post somewhere as he seems reluctant to go back into the world cup dark horse thread for some reason :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

He's better than Wayne Rooney.

He'd walk into any top European side as well.

TFTF may have forgotten that.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

And after reprising his unique body-popping skills in front of Prince William today, the BMWAGT has now been offered dance lessons. "We would like to help Peter out," said a spokesman for the Royal Academy of Dance. Incidentally, Crouchie is a shorter price to win the next series of Strictly Come Dancing (50-1) than he is to be top scorer at the World Cup (66-1).

zing!

Crouchino teh hosteppa'

http://www.youtube.com/v/Kv1EbxiRWxk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just heard a gem on Have I Got News For You (re: the Crouch dance)

"If he does it in the final, his team mates will be annoyed because he will be blocking the tv."
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

With Rooney out and Owen rusty, Crouch has a real chance to make this his world cup.
    And it's not said enough..... he's got a great touch for a big fella!
    He's big... he's red.... his feet stick out of bed... Peter Crouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Gif time:

crouchrobot6cu.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

A ****ing hat trick!!!

What a man! What a hero! Single handedly dragging England to world cup victory!

:D Quality today, apart from the peno of course. The old big man/little man combo is working well, and Crouch is also useful in defence for corners etc.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

He is going to set this world cup alight like Carsten Janker did in 2002.

• Advertisement

Top Notch from Crouchie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

He took his third goal well today. I still have doubts about his abilty against top class defenders.

I will be happy to be proven wrong in the weeks ahead as I am adopting the motherland as my team to support in the world cup. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Crouch coming in for Rooney just like Hurst coming in for Greavsie... It's written in the stars I tells ya.;)

Seriously tho, that 3rd goal was indeed quality, even if the Reggae Boyz were psychologically boarding their plane home to Kingston by that point...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

he's the new emile heskey

zabbo wrote:
    He's better than Wayne Rooney.

He'd walk into any top European side as well.

sarcasm ;)

he's the new emile heskey

Thats so far wide of the mark I don't quite know where to start...

Mike.

mike65 wrote:

Which coincidentally will also be Heskeys epitaph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I love the "Colbert Report" references by RE*AC*TOR throughout this entire thread. Good stuff. :D Perhaps this thread could be renamed "better know a striker"? :-p

As for the big man himself, I have a bad feeling that he won't do well in the finals. I fancy him to score against T&T but as the tournament progresses, I think that he will find the going very tough. I do hope he scores in the World Cup final, that match needs a rendition of the robot a la Crouch.......but only if he doesn't perform it before then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Pigman II wrote:

Quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭tap28

Pigman II wrote:

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

:rolleyes:

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

crouch is good at best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

crouch is good at best

his job at liverpool isnt to be a prolific goal scorer, if he's being judged on if he's good or bad, judge him on how many 2nd balls liverpool win in the final 3rd of the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

aye, well liverpools problem has been the striker that plays off crouch.
    if they get someone in to do the job properly, then i think pool will be challenging chelsea next season.

i think crouch is a good player, not a world class player. he defiantely has a lovely first touch for the knock on or the shot, but when he comes to actually stopping and controlling it, hes poor (comparitively speaking) and his passing will certainly not win him awards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

its really a shame that liverpool didnt hold onto baros

playing a big man providing the knock downs is how baros was so prolific at euro 04 with jan kollher providing the knock downs, could have been very useful for the them and a situation like that would show crouchs true value imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Gileadi wrote:
    its really a shame that liverpool didnt hold onto baros

playing a big man providing the knock downs is how baros was so prolific at euro 04 with jan kollher providing the knock downs, could have been very useful for the them and a situation like that would show crouchs true value imo

i think baros was sexually attracted to the corner flags or something, anytime he made a run he veered off left or right and ended up in the corner flag.

having said that though, he has a better eye for goal than cisse, and i'll always say if cisse didnt cost what he did and didnt break his leg, he would have been the one sold, not baros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If Baros didnt have a terrible attitude problem he wouldnt of been sold.

Just heard a gem on Have I Got News For You (re: the Crouch dance)

"If he does it in the final, his team mates will be annoyed because he will be blocking the tv."
    :p

Another good one just now...

Jack Dee : "It is 40 years since we won the World Cup. But of course in 1 months time it will be 40 years and 1 month since we won the World Cup."

el rabitos wrote:
    his job at liverpool isnt to be a prolific goal scorer, if he's being judged on if he's good or bad, judge him on how many 2nd balls liverpool win in the final 3rd of the pitch.

he is a player that depends on other people to play well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

he is a player that depends on other people to play well

Like at Southampton in 04/05? :confused:

Advertisement