Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini fridge please!

Options
  • 30-05-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm after a mini fridge for my bedroom, you know the sort, something to store a couple of cans in and maybe a sausage roll or something! :D

Any idead where I can pick one up for a reasonable price, say no more than €80?.

I'd love one of the Coke branded ones but I take it they were a one off and aren't commercially available. I see mini fridges pop up all the time in Dunnes Stores and Tesco, I'd go for one, the only thing stopping me is the noise factor, are they noisy bastards?, obviously they would not be on a par with a regular fridge but if they hum and whirr all night I think I'll just go without because I need silence when I sleep damn it!.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've a coke one that's sitting in my wardrobe since the offer years ago, never ever used it!!!

A reasonable offer and it's yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

How much are you looking for keemo-sabi? - and the $64,000 question.. is it noisy?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Aldi will have them on thursday:
    http://www.aldi.ie/special_buys/product_222.html

Laguna wrote:
    How much are you looking for keemo-sabi? - and the $64,000 question.. is it noisy?

Meh, it's only taking up space, half your budget + 10 and you can have it......and yes it is noisy at times, like all fridges!!!!

Actually I'd do with that 1 in LIdl, it looks cool!!!

Give me until Monday Keyzer, I'll have a think about it.

• Advertisement

Laguna wrote:
    Give me until Monday Keyzer, I'll have a think about it.

Go with the Lidl one, it looks better and you can store more in it.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

They have a pretty cool (pardon the pun :) ) Guinness mini fridge in Currys, from memory they were less than 100 - they were marked half price, down from 200 odd. I dont want or need one really but nearly bought it anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

there selling them in Dunes Stores this weekend at a special price. It was in the paper today.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tesco also have the same fridge as Aldi will have, except it has a Stella Artois branded glass door. It's IIRC €119, and comes with cans of Stella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

I got the Tesco fridge last week to put in the living room and it has been relegated to the kitchen.
    Way too noisy, it is actually louder then the fridge-freezer:eek:

Dunnes are selling it without the Stella branding for 110 i think.

• Advertisement

Jesus, you'd think in this day and age with cryogenic freezing and the like that a mini fridge would be silent enough, I was in Electro city yesterday having a look at some of them and the noise coming off most of them would put a Boeing testing hangar to shame. I guess I'll have to carry on making that short walk to the kitchen for chilled beverages :( (the sound of the smallest violin in the world playint the saddest song just for me :p).

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

ffocused wrote:
    I got the Tesco fridge last week to put in the living room and it has been relegated to the kitchen.
    Way too noisy, it is actually louder then the fridge-freezer:eek:

Dunnes are selling it without the Stella branding for 110 i think.
    Hmm, I was tempted to buy it, but if it's as noisy as you say, I think I'll continue making the walk to the kitchen fridge, and spend my bucks on something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I got one as well, thought it would be cool for the office, too noisy, now its in the garage.

Advertisement