Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's dead, Jim.

Options
  • 31-05-2006 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Just spent yonks putting together new computer /w watercooling for CPU, chipset and GPU. Before installing the WC I had the stock heatsinks etc installed and everything worked grand. One day later with WC installed, when I press the power button on my mainboard the lights go on then suddenly die and the fans try to spin for half a second. I can only do this once without flicking the switch on my PSU off and back on again. The board's power button just doesn't do anything otherwise.

The power LED on my mainboard is always on, which means that power is definitely getting to the board. It must be something to do with the *gulp* CPU or northbridge.

Can anyone offer advice as to wtf is happening? I did have a couple of leaks but it's all grand now and the components have dried out to the best of my knowledge.

I have a nasty feeling I've fuxxored my CPU or northbridge. :(:(:(:(:(:(

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cockmynut

Nevermind, seem to have gotten it going for now.:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

cockmynut wrote:

Theres your Problem Fortron PSU's are terrible often giving out unstable voltages and inevitably killing components in pc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Am....where'd you read that?
    If I were to guess wildly, I'd edge towards a cold-boot issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Theres your Problem Fortron PSU's are terrible often giving out unstable voltages and inevitably killing components in pc

Wow, id definately like to read more about this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Wow, id definately like to read more about this.

My mistake thaught he said Q-tec!!! was early enough when i replied to it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement