Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Is The Best Multiplayer Ever?

Options
  • 31-05-2006 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Ok this is regarding first person shooters, ive heard of some huge titles but have just not liked them at all, i suppose its down to the individual, but there has to be a few that everyone can agree with. Since ive had my xbox360 ive hated all the games ive gotten, i just cant seem to like GRAW or anything, for me my all time best has to be Halo 2 multiplayer, ill be playing that for years to come. But other then that nothin comes close. Whats your favourite ???:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Enemy Territory. Hands down!

Taking out the fact that it is free, it is still the most enjoyable fps I've ever played.

Sure I might just have a game now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Fibbers Games

Halo 2.

green metal hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

GRAW ftw

Halo 2, please get off your horseys and realise that was so 2005!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Only multiplayer FPS I've ever really really enjoyed was Unreal Tournament and UT2k4. Great pace, lots of action, fantastic fun.

Halo was always slow and lumbering for my tastes. As was every console FPS I tried before the 360 came along. I find I enjoy CoD2, even though it's equally slow, there's just something about it I like. GRAW is a bit rubbish though, loved single player but multiplayer was nothing like it. I have high hoped for Gears of War, what with the Unreal Tournament connection along with some fantastic looking gameplay demos we've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Quake III: Arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Either Goldeneye 007 or TimeSplitters 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Yeah, i have to agree with you there rambow kirby: Golden eye was amazing! A remote comtrol sticky bomb on the ceiling or in the armour/health packs always worked a treat!

Oh the humanity

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Put Timesplitters 3 in there and you've got a list.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ut2k4 (obviously :p ), goldeneye, halo 1, quake 3, RTCW and yes.... i must admit, i loved CS back in its day.

if i had to pick one.....
    UT2k4 ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Fibbers Games

Jazzy wrote:
    halo 1

Zoom Pistol fan?

Cos that there is the only reason I can think why you would say Halo 1 over Halo 2.

maybe not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

GRAW or CS:Source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

U2XMP or Enemy Territory be the best multi player fps, I'd probably go for ET because you can still join a server and not be the onle person on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

Battlefield Vietnam. The hours upon hours i wasted on that game.
    Enemy Territory. No other multiplayer game promotes squad play like it.
    BF2. Once you get past the issues its a great game.
    Day of Defeat source: Fun fun fun fun BOOM PANZERSHRECK fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Duke Nukem 3D

Someone has even done a hi-res patch and made it work on XP!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

GRAW ftw

Halo 2, please get off your horseys and realise that was so 2005!!!!!!

Dont you mean 2004?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Zoom Pistol fan?

Cos that there is the only reason I can think why you would say Halo 1 over Halo 2.

maybe not...

What are you getting at here? Halo2 is much, much worse than the first game, I could write at least 20 things about how terrible halo2 is in comparison but I wont waste your time. (and dont assume I dont have a clue what I am talking about, Iv'e played halo1 since release, also halo2, and won two, of the last five gamecons Iv'e attended for halo2)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For me it would have to be the Doom series played with 4+ players in co-op. Excellent fun.

Had some really good games of DoD:S

However the mp game that never gets boring is good old Half-Life deathmatch. Always enjoyed a good Unreal tournament game or Quake 3 arena.

I'm not a big fan of CS but had a great game in jeepcon with 14 players were you could only buy gangster weapons. We loaded up the jeeps with 7 people each and had some great drive by shoot outs :)

One that doesn't get mentioned that often is Forsaken. Was a great laugh playing the game type were you have to hold on to a piece of gold the longest.

Not actually that fond of the Halo games. Sure they are decent for console games but it is nothing new. Was having just as much fun with Quake 2 in 4 player on the PS1. Same control system as well.

Anyway, screw the FPS games nothing beats a few drinks and Mario Kart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

Retr0gamer wrote:

I'm not a big fan of CS but had a great game in jeepcon with 14 players were you could only buy gangster weapons. We loaded up the jeeps with 7 people each and had some great drive by shoot outs :)

Counter strike? Jeeps?? Drive by's??? QUESTION MARKS????
    You must be off your mash on ecstasy pipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Grumpy, pee off with your halo 1/2 (whichever it is) fanboyisms, we don't appreciate them!!! No more talking of Halo from you ever, until Halo 3 comes out when I'm sure you'll be in flying form till I kick your ass :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

Team Fortress Classic.

by about a bazillion light years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Each to their own:

Goldeneye perfect in a room with mates......Heh mines.

Bf series online mega maps with stuff to blow up with tanks. Ut2k also can be like that but....

MOHAA DoDs ET UT in your face FPS, playable with 1 v1 2 v 2 etc anymore than 12 per team and you start to notice tanks missing.

So the list would be better like this:

1 - 4 players in same room Goldeneye and suppose Halo.

1-4 online Dods MOHAA ET UT
    1-4 Coop Swat 4 Graw Mohaa with a mod, Global Storm

4-8 Dods MOHAA Et UT, Bf2 with Inf Mods

8-12 Dods MOHAA Et UT Some Bf2 maps

12 - 16 MOhaa ET UT Bf2

16 - 32 Mohaa No respawn, ET UT Bf2 and BF

32 - 64 BF42 the daddy and Bf2 if the server is in your gaff on a T87254234 line.

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Counter strike? Jeeps?? Drive by's??? QUESTION MARKS????
    You must be off your mash on ecstasy pipes.

It was a kind of prototype level in one of the earlier versions. The jeeps didn't work that well and got stuck in the ground an awful lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

No one here play Tom Clancys Raven Shield? My god the hours i'v spent playing that. By far my favourite Multiplayer FPS

Golden eye for 4 players, Halo1 for 10-16 players. A few of us took out the n64 for the first time in a good while the other day to play goldeneye and it's still that good.

BattleField2 is a laugh.

I'll have to give enemy territory a shot. I never got into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

DoD 1.3 on the maps caen or Dod_schwetz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Dermington

I would have to say Battlefield 2 or Day Of Defeat Source really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

R6/Rogue Spear(pretty similar games, were great back in the day)
    bfv, cs(<1.5)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I was addicted to Team Fortress Classic for about 3 years, it was great until the community self-destructed under the weight of moaning, whinging assholes.

Started playing it again the other night. Its aged badly but i've been having great fun with it.

self-destructing an ammo dispenser as a bunch of enemy medics/scouts run by still cracks me up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Battlefeild in any flavour, bf2 or BFV I have no idea what GRAW is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Battlefeild in any flavour, bf2 or BFV I have no idea what GRAW is!

Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter... And it's excellent. But when I'm playing with infinite respawns I tend to play it more like BF2 than I would a tactical shooter. Until the end of the round that is when (last night) my team was 47-46 up with 1 minute left.... brilliant buzz when everyone feels like the whole team can only work as one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Goldeneye.

Oh the memories. Four of us played it during an all-nighter. Swear to God I was seeing red crosshairs everywhere I looked the next day!

Advertisement