Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB bill

Options
  • 31-05-2006 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering does anybody have a guide as to how much the esb should be for a 3 bed terrace elec cooking gas heating. mine is 75 euro for 2 months is this good/bad have all a rated appliances and cfl bulbs

Cheers
    Eddie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

€75 for 2 months sounds good to me. I have a 4 bed semi and I'd use that in a month. I use elec cooking and have an elec shower, gas heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

Crosstownk,

Thanks for that, wonder is ther anywhere on sei, esb or some of those that can work out how much your bill should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

€75 for 2 months!! my god thats low. in a 3bed end of terrace with gas heating and cooker, electric shower and dont think its been below €150 in years!

Scruff wrote:
    €75 for 2 months!! my god thats low. in a 3bed end of terrace with gas heating and cooker, electric shower and dont think its been below €150 in years!

Cheers scruff do you use elec for cooking and heating or what

Thanks again making me feel good.:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

my last one was 120. i have an electric shower and gas heating. im sure it will rise quite a bit in the summer as i have just bought a heater for my above ground pool and id say they eat the electricity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

eddie - sorry to be a party pooper, but was that bill estimated or an actual reading? I've gotten caught out with this previously thinking I was doing great, until they eventually do an actual reading and then get a huge bill in the end. If it's an actual reading then I think it's very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I'm beginning to think the estimated bill isn't that much use since its jumped around a lot lately for us.

Hi,

Bill is an actual reading (even checked the meter myself when bill came) the estimates were all over the place and yes I have checked that I am not receiving a huge credit to bring the bill down. Was just seeing whether this was a good bill as I have spent a lot of time going for the A rated appliances and cfl bulbs and am generally fairly good at not wasting power so wanted to check if this has paid off seems to I think judging by response.

Eddie

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Wow! I wish my bills were €75! Mine is always around €120-€160 every 2 months. However a lot of the appliances are electric - cooking, tumble dryer, dishwasher, elec shower, Willis heater, etc.

Heating is OFCH which isn't getting cheaper either, but that's another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

These estimates are a waste of time. Ours are always way out. Does anyone know is there an online way of summiting a reading, or is it only over the phone?

Our last bill was estimated at €149, but was actually €365:eek: but that's including our heating (GSHP - c. €165)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

4 bed bungalow and electricirty is 400eu plus every 2 months.
    i wish i could get a 75eu bill :/

How could you have a bill of €400 every two months? :confused: have you elec storage heaters?

Hi all,

To enter your ESB reading online rather than the phantom estimate click here

http://www.esb.ie/main/energy_home/form_meter_reading1.jsp

Have to say guys from the feed back here it seems like the investment in the appliances etc has paid off. Dont mean to sicken anyone but hoping to get it a little lower during the summer months

Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

my most recent was €81 but while i know i use a lot of electricity with computer equipment etc.. i make sure everything im not using is not on :D especially lights..

my cooker is electric, heating is oil. 3 bed detached bungalow.
    So yours is nice and low and i think mine is fine too :D
    Anyone paying €150 a month is wasting energy maybe even without realising it.

eddiej wrote:
    Hi all,

To enter your ESB reading online rather than the phantom estimate click here

http://www.esb.ie/main/energy_home/form_meter_reading1.jsp

Have to say guys from the feed back here it seems like the investment in the appliances etc has paid off. Dont mean to sicken anyone but hoping to get it a little lower during the summer months

Eddie
    Thanks for that link EddieJ, ESB phone service is not very user friendly :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

Two bed townhouse. Electric everything (oven, heating etc) and bill is normally around the 170 mark. Heating is only ever turned on when it gets really cold.

When we first moved in we had the heating on full blast - tshirts and shorts in December kinda thing and our bill was nearly 500 :eek: Eveerything got switched oof and I grabbed a duvet to kkep my warm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I've a three bed bungalow with oil heating and the average two monthly bill is 140 euro. I'll be extending the house shortly to 2,000 sq ft so if buying 'A' rated appliances helps to keep the bill down, then thats the way I'll go.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My last one was 73 euros - mid terraced - two bed ... 75 euros for a three bed is good

Hi guys,

Saruman was mentioning about computer equipment which we obviously all have. Did some checking and CRT monitors eat the juice compared to LCD a great excuse to upgrade my monitor if there ever was one. The other thing is does everyone have standby or hibernate set up found this web site and they showed having a screen saver on actually used more juice than having the machine on and idle. Also found that my scanner has no bloody off button unless you unplug it (only realised this last night).

Anyways, thanks for feedback guys anyone any more ideas on how to cut the bill. By the way I dont have a dishwasher or tumble dryer, 1600 spin washing machine gets clothes dry enough that a clothes horse does the rest or outside at the mo, no dishwasher cos there is only 3 of us in the house and no room for a dishwasher in the kitchen have to loose a press instead.

Eddie

PS better pay the bill now :D

Advertisement