Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Mustard Go Off?

• 31-05-2006 6:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Simple as. I have some mustard in my press and it dosnt have a date on it but it may have been there for a while. Should I go for it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

All food goes off man. Mustard is a condiment however and lasts longer than your average piece of of perishable food, but if we're talking six months here, give it over to the bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

only one way to find out so. Ill report back in 12 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

It really depends on which mustard it is. If it is premixed English mustard it will last forever, but some of the fancy 'girly mustard' with fruit and nonsense in it will give you bellyache. I can talk however as I just spotted that my slice of toast has mould on it. Still ate it though.

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

He hasn't reported back yet...

sorry I forgot about it. Kinda woke up the next morning feeling very unwell in the (if i move im going to puke department) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Yes, but did it have anything to do with the mustard, or the out-of-date rasher and undercooked burger you put it on? Or more likely the two bottles of Bucky and the four pints of fat frog you washed it down with?

'cptr

no just the mustard on a knife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Maybe the Knife so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bungle02uk

lol yea a rusty knife that'll be it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭vallo

Most sell-by dates are rubbish.
    My granny used to keep her Colmans mustard in a tube in the drawer of the dresser in her kitchen and it was there for a long time.
    Mine is in the fridge and my current pot of Dijon something or other expired in 2004 - still going strong and possibly even tastier than it was back then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lostnbroken

It would probly have a very nasty smell if it went off. It probly takes years to go off though.

Advertisement