Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU court annuls data deal with US

Options
  • 31-05-2006 8:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I saw this article on the bbc news website this morning and was very curious about it. According to the report the US demands 34 points of information including credit card details and meal information before entering. Can anybody let me know what the other pieces of information they require are?? I mean if they want to know what animal I would most like to be just ask! No need to be so sneeky about it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

What food you are eating on the plane is another curious one!!!

Well all I can say is that someone out there is looking out for us as it certainly isnt the Irish government!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Off the top of my head.

Name.
    Who are you travelling with.
    Address
    Meal
    Departure from / Arrival to.
    Last five destinations
    Seating position
    Frequent flyer number.
    Gold card member?
    Nationality
    Carry on luggage.
    Number of bags.
    Next of Kin

Ok thats all I can think of. What is funny is how the system works. For example if you are a frequent flyer it lowers your rating as potencial terrorist.

Oddly enough when I went to China all I had to do was apply for a holiday visa. They only asked name+Address and didn't even stamp my passport when I entered the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Modo06

each of the items listed there and reasonable requests at a stretch! but i honestly cant think of what else they would want to know. Im guessing religion is up there. i really dont like the idea of anybody having that much information about me. Sure if in through Canada, there is virtually no questions asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Is it a way to racially profile without doing so in the obvious way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Is it a way to racially profile without doing so in the obvious way?

Of course....YES!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Modo06

oh they are so clever!! you could really raise alarm bells paying in cash, not eating their meals and following your own religion.

Advertisement