Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondello - Race School

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Kersh wrote:
    Remember, sideways isnt quick on a circuit, it might be fun, but the timesheets say otherwise.

Agreed. I'm happy to hang the tail out for the grin factor alone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Well, i had a great day :D

Seemed to me my instructor (Ken, thanks for that Kersh) wasnt really holding back (much) on the few laps he done to get familiar with the track. It was fun.

Single seaters where pretty fast. Got caught by surprise, 1st lap after formation laps i taught it take it easy for the first lap, 1st corner some guy flew by totaly unexpected. Stuck behind him for the rest of the laps.
    Somone spun of on lap 6 orso and broke the wire and there for our laptimes didnt get registered :( had to stop cause of it to. But they gave us a few extra laps.
    Fastest lap i got was high 59 second, all the others where under 1min1sec.
    Managed to loose the back once but didnt spin of, it was a fun day.

As for over taking, from the hairpin to the sweep on the straight was for overtaking and slow people where flagged to let faster cars by.

All in all it was loadsa fun, people where cool there, and id say ill be back again in the future.

Tanks Kersh for telling me to ask for Ken, cool guy.

Jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

I have done a couple of track days, but before I bring my own car onto the track at Mondello I want to go to the race school.

I have booked in for the race school on the 30th June. It was a present from topgifts.ie. I assume this is the same as the normal one you buy from Mondello directly.

Advertisement