Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

control devices in a cabnet

• 31-05-2006 8:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭

hi guys,

i want to move my home entertainment gear into one closed front cabnet. so i am looking for some advice as to how i can get the infra-red signal inside the cabnet effectively.

do any of you have experience with infra red extenders and all that. i know some of them can be pretty dodgy.

maybe an ir etender is the wrong way to do it any other sugestions would be welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

look up repeaters as opposed to extenders, if you're going for shorter runs and don't mind running a cable they work a lot better than those wireless ones

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Homer.sim

That's what you need you stick little emitters on the infa red eyes of the equipment and plug into a xantec and from the xantec 1 external tiny little reciever "eye" and Bob's your uncle

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭davidmdickens

Homer.sim wrote:
    That's what you need you stick little emitters on the infa red eyes of the equipment and plug into a xantec and from the xantec 1 external tiny little reciever "eye" and Bob's your uncle

Where can you buy these?
    I would like to get one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭davidmdickens

Thanks for your help

Is there not anything like this but a lot cheeper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

With this you could have the components in another room :)

http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=316754

Expensive but oh so nice!

G*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭crowej

does anyone have any experience with xantech products ?

i have cat 5 wireing between a central point and my rooms. will the cat 5 allow me to connect these 2 products together ?

zc21.gif

* Simplified version of the 795 controller when only two zones are required.
    * One plug-in screw connector for each zone's IR receiver and/or keypads.
    * 3.5mm mono mini jack for zone & common IR emitters.
    * Can be used with a 791-44 amplified connecting block for common emitter expansion.
    * 2.1mm coaxial power jack for connection of 781RG or 782-00 Power Supplies.
    * Only to be used with single or dual emitters on the zone outputs.
    * Dimensions: 3" x 1 3/4" x 13/16" (77mm x 45mm x 21mm)

780-455 455 KHZ J-BOX RECEIVER

78010.gif

* Red talkback LED tests system for correct wiring as well as indicating infrared reception.
    * Includes dark lens for decorator-style wall plate. (Replacements available; order part #3016400).
    * Nominal reception angle: 45 degrees off axis.
    * Cable requirements for long lengths: three-conductor/24 gauge wire up to 200', 22 gauge up to 600', 20 gauge up to 2000' and 18 gauge up to 5000' (unshielded OK).
    * Maximum cable length: One mile with 18 gauge.
    * Maximum current output: 100 milliamps.
    * Maximum number of directly driven IR emitters: Up to four connected in series (780-10 and 780-80 only). Use Xantech Connecting Blocks for emitter expansion.
    * Power requirements: 12 volts DC @ 10 milliamps.
    Requires 781RG Power Supply.
    * Connections: 4-screw terminal block on unit.
    * Dimensions: 1-3/4" x 4" x 1" (45mm x 102mm x 26mm)

and then use ir imitters to control the devices i know the latter will work (ir imitters but will the cat5 allow the 2 devices to be connected together

Advertisement