Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning about recent attacks

Options
  • 31-05-2006 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭

Copied from Gaire

http://www.gaire.com/e/f/default.asp?id=495826&nav=1&parent=495826&page=view

The Superintendent in Pearse Street has asked me to alert members of the gay community that some of his undercover members have witnessed a number of attacks on members of the gay community. The attacks have targeted gay men in the lane ways around dame street and once again around christchurch. The attacks have occurred late in the evening and into the early hours of the morning up to 4am. The attackers are a group of about 5 males and 2 females but the number varies at different stages. On occasions the females engege gay men in conversation before the attack. All are aged between 15 and 18 years some posing as if cruising.there has been a number of arrests but there are a couple of cases where arrests were made but the victims have not come forward. If yoiu were the victim of an attack or know of any victim it is really important to work with us on this one. Contact myself at gayliaison@iol.ie or 016663811 or preferably one of the liaison officers in Pearse St. Detective Sergeant Mark Kavanagh, Garda Paul Daly or Detectives Des Rogers or Brendan O Halloran who are dealing with some of the attacks. Please remember, do not become isolated, do not go with a stranger and if you are a victim, please let us know. This is important and a joint approach between the gardai and the gay community can stamp this out.

thanks

Finbarr

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Just for the record, what is "cruising".

Please dont say its hanging around laneways looking for sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Chief--- wrote:
    Just for the record, what is "cruising".

Please dont say its hanging around laneways looking for sex.
    yeah pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

do not become isolated, do not go with a stranger

well there is a whole section of people thats wasted on

as for cruising, all the kilkenny papers reporting several attacks down the canal walk, but not even the slightest mention that this is a well known cruisng area.
    ya, blinker your eyes and it aint happening

Advertisement