Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay proposals - 27 months

Options
  • 31-05-2006 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

ICTU are meeting today to discuss the pay proposals. The period of the proposed is for a 27 months. From Aertel:

The increases would be paid with an
    initial increase of 2%, followed by 3%
    six months later.

Another 2% would be paid after a
    further six months with 3% six months
    later again.

I calculate this to be 24 months only unless the final 3% is for a nine month period. Of course, there could be an initial pay pause for 3 months which would also make it up for a 27 month agreement.

Anyone know how the 27 months are arrived at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Its probably the time by which the issue will be discussed again?

I object to this being called a national agreement as it only applies to the lucky few whose employers recognise unions. Shame on our government in its denial to everybody else in a proper recognition process which allows some employers to deny bargaining rights.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I thought this was a national pay rise for all those who work. I remember I got this payrise in Dunnes but now im in a "real" job can I lay claim to this aswell??

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Lionheart

Aertel details were slightly incorrect:

Its 3% at the start, then 2%, 2.5%, 2.5% each six months with the final phase lasting for nine months.(thats 27 months). If earning less than €10.25 an hour, the second increase of 2% goes to 2.5%.

Advertisement