Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New kitten!!

Options
  • 31-05-2006 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hiya,I rehomed a 8 weeks old kitten yesterday and were told she is a female,but I think it is a male.Is there any method to identify the gender>?Also,the kitten keep crying loudly all night but dun know what reason...as she is in my bedroom...so I couldn't sleep last night...anyone know why wud she cry?:confused:

I discover that she got a sore eye when I woke up this morning,what should I do ??:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 LowTek

It's quite hard to tell. Basiclly... female genitals are much closer together than male genitals. You'll need to take a good though ;)

The reason she's crying is because she's lonely! But... be wary of giving into her when she cries for attention. Once she gets it into her head that she'll get what she wants when she meow's, she'll be doing it all the time, for everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Cat lover wrote:
    Hiya,I rehomed a 8 weeks old kitten yesterday and were told she is a female,but I think it is a male.Is there any method to identify the gender>?Also,the kitten keep crying loudly all night but dun know what reason...as she is in my bedroom...so I couldn't sleep last night...anyone know why wud she cry?:confused:

I discover that she got a sore eye when I woke up this morning,what should I do ??:confused:

Bring her/him to a vet today (if possible) and get it checked out. Better safe than sorry. Generally cats cry when they want something. Its your job to find out what that something is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Bring the kitten to the vet straight away. The vet will tell you the gender, give the first vaccination, give you womring tablet etc and treat the eye when kitten is 5 to 6 months old take him back to the vets to be neutered, some vets will do it earlier than 5 to 6 months. Crying could be in pain, or lonleyness best take him to the vets in case its something serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

If her eye is sore get her to a vet, your going to have to bring her to one anyway to get a start on vaccinations and worming. I would do this as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

as everyone said bring her / him to the vet, the kitten will need to be vacinated & wormed. the vet will also check out the eye infection - in the mean time it can be washed out with salin (spelling?) solution available from the chemist. you have to remember your kitten is a baby in a strange environment, it will take a while to settle in & realise that night time is sleep time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

8 weeks? Crying?? Shes looking for mum, she shouldn't really have been seperated before 12 weeks (I Know some people say earlier is ok, but in my experience any earlier does lead to dependancy issues)

As for the eye, prob a touch of conjunctivitis, down to vet, few eye drops, sorted!

Advertisement