Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Version Question

• 31-05-2006 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Is there a way to tell what region a PSP is from by looking at the version number on the back? Mine says PSP-1001 and Im just wondering if it's US or from some other region?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

If you take out the battery there is a serial number there will start two letter, this should give you the region. Mine is a JPN one and starts with SJ, but I don't know what the oher codes are.

EDIT:"JAP PSP's have a serial number starting with SJ, UK PSP's with SB & US PSP's with SA."
    http://forum.lik-sang.com/showthread.php?t=7363&page=10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Ciaran, mine starts with "FU" and is a PSP-1001. Dont suppose you know what that is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Can't find anything about a FU serial number :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

It'd take me to have a strange one!! I'll do some more looking. Cheers mate.

Advertisement