Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insulated slabs

• 31-05-2006 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of using these insulated slabs on internal walls and how beneficial they really are. We are thinking of using these on our build, they were recommended as an option by our plasterer but I havent a clue as to the merits of these or any particular brand that have an edge. Not too pushed as regards the costs of going down this route, so any info would be great.

Mike

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I used them in my in-laws house (garage conversion), I don't think they would be the way to go in a new house. Can you not insulate the cavity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

have a look at the actis range of products - i've just put it into my extension - very easy to use and the thermal qualities are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭bbbaldy

These insulated boards are an extra layer of insulation uasually used on external walls.

Pros: Room is doubly insulated if used with cavity insulation, Room heats up quickly due to heat not being used up heating the inner leaf.

Cons : Room cools quickly due to inner leaf not retaining heat (Heat Store)and releasing it slowly as the room cools.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Tipperarymike

Cheers for the advice guys,

with this being a new build we already have insulated the cavity but was thinking of this idea more along the lines of supplementing the insulation that can be achieved. Will look into that actis range alright , and would never have thought about the fact that the room would cool quicker though. The house has loads of natural light in it, lots of frameless glazing so heating the house should not be too much of a problem, so really trying to keep the heat is is goal.

Advertisement