Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway - The new Monte Carlo

Options
  • 31-05-2006 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

It was recently announced that house prices and costs of living in Galway have now exceeded those of the country's capital city, Dublin. Is Galway to Dublin as Monte Carlo is to Paris? How does this happen? Why does it happen? To me, Galway seems like a big building site. The city centre is ridiculously small and consumer-driven. Where is the cultural heritage and the different 'quarters' that make-up the maps of other great cities? Although us Galweagians are a great crowd, I find it hard to believe that this fact alone has driven all but the rich out of a good standard of living in this city. Help me understand!

Advertisement