Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Propane Versus Butane

Options
  • 31-05-2006 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Lads I bought a nice gas barbecue in Aldi. I notice on the regulator it says to use Propane. Most shops i see sell butane,. are the propane bottles different??. I am aware of the actual physical differences temparature wise between both gas's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

yer its a different connection much to my annoyance as I bought the wrong regulator connection for the gas I bought. If you read your BBQ manual is should state what to use but I think that in most cases you can use either.

Woodies sells both types of Regulators and Gas

Regulators are about 20 euros and the Gas is 23.50 with old bottle or 50 without.

Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

garyh3 wrote:
    yer its a different connection much to my annoyance as I bought the wrong regulator connection for the gas I bought. If you read your BBQ manual is should state what to use but I think that in most cases you can use either.

Woodies sells both types of Regulators and Gas

Regulators are about 20 euros and the Gas is 23.50 with old bottle or 50 without.

Garyh3

Didnt realise Woodies sold gas..must check that in Galway. Does the propane bottle look different? is it blue by any chance?. Yeah i have a propane regulator...

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

I think its blue, but its the same shape and has a smaller connctor on it. I just went out and bough the other regulator so that I can use both as my local shop only sells butane which is the yellow bottle. My BBQ can use either.

That is if I ever get to use it this year!!!!

Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

garyh3 wrote:
    I think its blue, but its the same shape and has a smaller connctor on it. I just went out and bough the other regulator so that I can use both as my local shop only sells butane which is the yellow bottle. My BBQ can use either.

That is if I ever get to use it this year!!!!

Garyh3

cheers, thanks a lot!.

Advertisement