Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to bring the other half

Options
  • 31-05-2006 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest a nice pub to go with da bird on a friday night in central Dublin :D I'd like somewhere that has a bit of atmosphere but isn't to loud. Last week I went to Grand Central on OConnel Street which was perfect, it was opened till 2:30am. Im thinking somewhere around Temple Bar, OConnell St area

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭loopyloulou

what about the Life bar just off Abbey St at the back of the irish life mall, havent been there in ages but its nice for a few relaxed drinks
    http://www.lifebar.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Ba Mizu under the powerscourt centre is a nice spot actually for a few drinks - not the quietest but very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

The Lotts Bar at the back of Middle Abbey St. is v nice. Got small booths and live pianist with candles on the tables. Dim lighting. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The Bank on Dame Street. Its a former bank, complete with safes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

well it used to be called goldsmiths . now i think its called CITI? its on dames street just around the corner from the foggey dew next to the central bank and directly opposite the mercantile. havent been in ages so cant say what its like now but it used to have a good buzz and never got that full upstairs (plus if you feel like it its free into the club downstairs:D ) been there a few times with the ex. foods not bad if you get hungry

wouldnt go to the bank though. its a nice enough place but the roofs too high so you always have the impression it doesnt have the atmosphere it should. i'd definetly secound LIFE, used to go there alot with the lads. nice atmosphere and good clientele. good place to impress

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

O'Neills on Suffock St is grand, I go there with my fella.
    If you want classy,Cafe on Seine on Kildare St. (never been there but its meant to be good)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Try the market bar just off the bottom of George's St., great pub and you can hear yourself speak too.

Or else try the Barge up on Ranelagh bridge at the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

O'Neills on Suffock St is grand, I go there with my fella.
    If you want classy,Cafe on Seine on Kildare St. (never been there but its meant to be good)

o neills is where i get me lunch! its a great pub and the foods fabulous (well depending on the chef). wouldnt bother with cafe insane though, place is full of poser wannabes and RTE types, seriously do you really wanna go to the same place as pat kenny? plus the drinks extortionate, mate of mine got stung for a 6euro guiness.

the market bar is kinda cool but a little too big if you want intimacy, the barge is a great place for that so id second that nominaton. plus the clientelle is just right (not too snobby, not too scumbag):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Victor wrote:
    The Bank on Dame Street. Its a former bank, complete with safes.

Yeah that's pretty cool place actually...only been in for the odd pint after work..very much a "businessy" type place (which is why I prefer to go somewhere more "non-businessy" after work)

But the jacks are cool...like walking through a series of vaults :) (wonder if there's any money left in those safes?)

*Also, I heard the only reason they kept the bar in that theme was because the vaults would be next to impossible to removed and the safes would cost a fortune to remove...so they kept them in there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emcc

It is the epitomy of everything that is wrong with new pubs in dublin. cavernous, overpriced (over €5 for Guinness) and packed full of some of the most obnoxious nouveau-riche kunts ever to populate the planet.
    If that's your scene, go nuts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement