Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th's disingenious attack on mysteria AKA "Paranormal Forum to go?"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Talliesin wrote:
    People aren't allowed to give out medical advice. People aren't allowed to solicit medical advice. Beyond that medical issues can be discussed.
    Talliesin wrote:
    This does not compare to the case of a licensed doctor, lawyer, engineer giving such admonitions.

But according to mysteria the paranormal, parapsychology and metapyshics are science and see is the only one on the Paranormal qualified to give out advice. She is speaking as a psychologist, metapsyicist etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭New_Departure06

I like the paranormal forum and have recently become very interested in contacting my aunt, and also since I got paranormal channels with Sky Digital. I would like it to stay!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

take heed

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Personally I think Mysteria should be asked to pay for a banner advert or be banned due to the ammount of self promoting she does.

Also... if you should dig up any dead indians in your back garden, be sure to piss on them and then bury them again upside down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I'm still banned for taking the piss three months ago!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

then PM and ask to be unbanned :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

This calls for a Telekinetic battle of minds behind the bikesheds after school.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Getting medical advice from someone on Boards who may or may not be a doctor, which then leads to death or injury is actionable. Getting advice from someone on the Paranormal board who may or may not be a professional which leads to death or injury is selection.

DeV.

Excellent, problem solved. So we are not endangering Boards by discussing the Paranormal. Cheers DeVore.
    Thread ended I imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

sinecurea wrote:
    I'm still banned for taking the piss three months ago!

did you do it on indians.

thats a paddlin...

• Advertisement

6th wrote:
    Excellent, problem solved. So we are not endangering Boards by discussing the Paranormal. Cheers DeVore.
    Thread ended I imagine?
    I'm sure there are one or two more jokes to be made at the paranormal forums expense first.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

DeVore wrote:
    is selection..

natural selection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

psi wrote:
    then PM and ask to be unbanned :p

Cant you do that telepathically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

6th wrote:
    Mysteria mentions people killing themselves as they didnt consult experts before dabbling? Surely every amateur in the forum is a danger?
    Quick shut down the Gardening/DIY Forum before someone hits his thumb with a hammer or swallows weed killer!!!
    What if the Juggling Forum looses its balls? Or someone posts too quickly in Motors???

For similar reasons I reckon my proposed Military Forum will be shot down. Boom Boom. :D

Hagar wrote:
    For similar reasons I reckon my proposed Military Forum will be shot down. Boom Boom. :D
    Yep... I can see it now...

"On advice I recieved from Hagar on an internet forum, I stole a tank and attempted to invade Paris."

Is there a crazy horticulturalist making claims of danger in the Gardening Forum?!?

I'd love to see a military forum.

Yep... I can see it now...

"On advice I recieved from Hagar on an internet forum, I stole a tank and attempted to invade Paris Hilton."

?

6th wrote:
    I'd love to see a military forum.

Please go Systems > Forums and register your support or else my shameless pimping is wasted. :D

and attempted to invade Paris Hilton.

No.. that would be advice recieved in the Slydice forum.

I wouldn't... not even in your tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Cant you do that telepathically?

surely the moderator of the paranormal forum should just *know*?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I'm sure there are one or two more jokes to be made at the paranormal forums expense first.

You better believe it.

Luckily everyone in Paranormal has a sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

No.. that would be advice recieved in the Slydice forum.

Monkeyfudge are there any dangers to the advice we give in the film production forum?

apart from the prospect of someone making a bad movie because of our advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

and if not, they can channel someone elses like...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

6th wrote:
    Luckily everyone in Paranormal has a sense of humour.

But thats not one of the 5 sen....oh, wait.

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Monkeyfudge are there any dangers to the advice we give in the film production forum?

apart from the prospect of someone making a bad movie because of our advice.
    Who knows? Perhaps the next Michael Winner might be lurking there taking notes. That could have serious ramifications for the future of the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

&#231 wrote: »
    and if not, they can channel someone elses like...

<cackles> Cheers Crash :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

6th wrote:
    I feel that alot of the time the Paranormal Forum is almost a support group for people who have experienced thing we dont understand.
    No it isn't. Surely it's for everyone to discuss aspects of the paranormal and share their experiences or just their thoughts and opinions. Whether they've had experiences or are just curious or just want to share some advice or an idea is irrelevant. IMO mysteria's thread falls under sharing advice, that advice being that ouija boards can be dangerous (a concern which has been voiced every single time ouija boards have been discussed). It's not claiming that things shouldn't be discussed, or should only be discussed by 'experts', it's simply a part of a discussion in itself.

The only reason I can see for shutting the forum down is the serious drain being put on the supply of teacups.

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote:
    No it isn't. Surely it's for everyone to discuss aspects of the paranormal and share their experiences or just their thoughts and opinions. Whether they've had experiences or are just curious or just want to share some advice or an idea is irrelevant. IMO mysteria's thread falls under sharing advice, that advice being that ouija boards can be dangerous (a concern which has been voiced every single time ouija boards have been discussed). It's not claiming that things shouldn't be discussed, or should only be discussed by 'experts', it's simply a part of a discussion in itself.

The only reason I can see for shutting the forum down is the serious drain being put on the supply of teacups.

I said alot of the time not always.

Mysteria's thread didnt say they can be dangerous - it said they are. Theres a little difference but implies alot.

The OP in question does say that amateurs should not give advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement