Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residents Committee

Options
  • 31-05-2006 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭

Not sure which forum this should go into but I'll try here.

Does anyone have any information on setting up a Residence committee. I live in a newish estate and I know the builders are finishing up around the place soon. I presume that it will be up to the residents to take care of the general upkeep of the estate? Is this true? What then would be the best way to go about setting up a Residents Committee and hiring someone to cut the common green areas etc? Also does a Residents Committee usually do anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

I've been thinking about the same thing of late if even just for getting to know people and build a sense of community in the area, but don't have the time or inclination to chair such a committee, so I therefore don't think I'm the one to start the whole process.

My thoughts to date were to print some simple flyers explaining what I proposed to do, book a function room in the local, and stick the flyers in the letterboxes and on notice boards around the area. 'Build it and they will come'.

But like I said, beyond starting this process in my area (which I may well still do), I won't have the time to help run this so I've avoided it to date.

Also, when the builders are done, shouldn't the council take over the grass cutting ?

Advertisement