Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

n70 sim free with 3 sim card

• 31-05-2006 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

i noticed while using a 3 sim card in a sim free n70 , that a menu disappears.
    the manual network selection option disappears while using a 3 sim card in the phone. if i put a voda sim in the phone the manual network selection option is there.

also cannot send mms on three with a sim free handset n70.
    all settings appear to be correct.

me thinks that as 3 dont sell n70 as billpay handset that their systems havent got the mms settings/support yet for the n70 on bill pay...yet

also has anyone got mms on a simfree phone to work on 3 yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

EIN wrote:
    the manual network selection option disappears while using a 3 sim card in the phone. if i put a voda sim in the phone the manual network selection option is there.

me thinks that as 3 dont sell n70 as billpay handset that their systems havent got the mms settings/support yet for the n70 on bill pay...yet

yes they do sell it as bill pay. give them a ring and they should sort it out for you. mms etc can be annoying to set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

EIN wrote:

Nokia's setting service includes 3, have you tried this:

http://www.europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,71993,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

yes have tried the nokia settings from their website, i order them but they never arrive on the phone.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 costello2s

Ein

On my voda n70 the manual and dual setting menus are present. You will not recieve the settings from the nokia site on 3 network. I used a voda sim and recieved the browser and mms settings. The browser settings were wrong and the mms settings will not save.

Commander Vimes....3 will tell u go get lost if u look for the settings for a non 3 phone. They are very reluctant to give out settings. The only way to get them is to say u got a software upgrade on your phone and all the 3 settings have been wiped.

Ein do u fancy trying that approach??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

costello2s did u get your mms working with your 3 sim on ur n70?

i was thinking of going back to vodafone, 3 kindly will let me out of my contract without any termination charges. if i wish

so im thinking about it....

3s 3g portal is far better than vodafones and vodafone charge 1 euro to view a news clip!

costello2s are you still using your 3 billpay sim in the sim free n70? how is it working, how is mms? does it work....

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 costello2s

Ein

The n70 is working fine and still using it, cannot get mms to work though :( and no one in here seems to have a clue about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

EIN wrote:
    yes have tried the nokia settings from their website, i order them but they never arrive on the phone.......

Try using a Vodafone or O2 SIM in the phone and order the settings for 3 from Nokia.

3 Ireland have a problem with sending and receiving texts to many, many operators in Europe.

Just went to site myself and ordered the settings for 3, I received two config messages on my N70 with a Vodafone SIM

Advertisement