Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bill-pay to pre-pay, keep number?

• 31-05-2006 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi all, I have a quick question that you may be able to help with.

I have a bill pay phone (O2) have had the same number for 12 years. I’m moving to Oz soon and was wondering would I be able to switch to pre-pay and keep my number, would there be any cost to do this (cost for people ring me, etc). Before I ring O2 I just want to make sure it’s possible. I don’t really want to get into why with them I just want to hold on to the number. I’ve had for so long I want to ensure that I still get messages and texts to the same number.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Yeah, it's possible to move from Bill pay to Prepay with all operators. Think some of them may charge you €10 or €20 for a new SIM card though :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you're out of contract they'll do it for free. Give them a ring and they'll proberly sent one out to you, or ask you to pop into a shop.

Just make sure you topup or use the phone every 6 months of the number will be suspended :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you can and they don't charge. do it all in an o2 shop and they can give you a new pre-pay sim then and there. don't cancel the contract and then go looking for a sim because once the contract is cancelled the number is gone

You generally have to give them notice that you want to switch to prepay Vimes. If you just go into the shop willy nilly you'll be on the phone for ages. Ring them first, then pop into the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

Sound advice, thanks All!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

One more question what the situation on O2 speakeasy and roaming? Will they allow me to us the phone in OZ? Is there a limit I need to keep in my account to cover roam?

@paulj13
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/Services/Travelling+Abroad/My+Europe

Have a look at that for roaming - the new offer out today looks alright. There's no extra costs for roaming other then ringing O2 to make sure it's active on your account.

Advertisement