Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about getting into a bit of Clan Arena QW again, any players around ?

Options
  • 31-05-2006 2:00pm

AS the tile says , are there any players or servers around ? I havnt played in 3 years but wouldnt mind giving it crack again. Any players around that play this ?

Can anybody give me any server addresses ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

82.195.149.82:27510 is the galwaylan server

212.13.203.37:27500 is the ever popular willow server in the UK

Not many irish CA player around these days. It's all dm in these parts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Might be interested in dusting off my copy of QW.....

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

As embarrassing as this is to admit.. I've played Q1 (old IOL server if anyone remembers),Q2,Q3 and Q4 online but havent played QW. Where do I get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

QuakeWorld is just a mod for Quake 1, all you need is a QW client such as QWCL (bog standard old one) or the shiny new Fuhquake http://www.fuhquake.net

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Not many players using fuhquake anymore...ezquake is alot more popular as it's still being developed and improved etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Why don't you just play Quake 4?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I gave ezquake a go a while ago, but deleted it almost immediately. The crosshair was in the wrong place, and the movement felt wrong=/ I prefer fuhquake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

OSiriS wrote:
    I gave ezquake a go a while ago, but deleted it almost immediately. The crosshair was in the wrong place, and the movement felt wrong=/ I prefer fuhquake.

You can move the crosshair now. Everything's a variable.

*turns on win-mode
    Laguna wrote:
    Why don't you just play Quake 4?

Wanna buy us all new PCs so we can try it out for a while?
    Aw, I can't lie to you. I'd just use it to get a stable frame rate in QW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Why would i want to work when I have a perfectly usable client now?:P Anyway I can't remember exactly, but I recall it feeling wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

OSiriS wrote:
    Why would i want to work when I have a perfectly usable client now?:P Anyway I can't remember exactly, but I recall it feeling wrong.

Because ezquake has server independant fps, so you can get a nice smooth game, whereas you'll only get 77 on fuhquake.

Also, use the version before last of ezquake if you don't want to tweak current to get the same movement as fuhquake - last version was identical. Make sure you're not doing something like using dinput in one and not the other..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I find modern games too colourful... must try the sepia-tone hardware shader on Q4.

Advertisement