Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Air/Oil Filters

Options
  • 31-05-2006 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have the NCT next Tuesday just getting all my bits and pieces done this week. Got 4 new tyres and my tracking done this morning for 120e not bad I think.
    My question is how much should it cost to buy new air and oil filters for a 98 punto???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If your planning to fit them yourself then you should be able to get them at your nearest motor factors for around €30 or so. Its a while since I've been to a motor factors so dont quote me!!!!

BTW, Four tyres and tracking for €120 is good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

Thanks, I got the filters for 15e so I suppose I got lucky with both just have to get my lights focused now he quoted me 25e.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the filters wont really help it pass the nct, but the headlight alignment is crucial

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

colm_mcm wrote:
    the filters wont really help it pass the nctl
    If the air filter is blocked it could adversely affect emissions levels. If the car is regularly serviced then chances are the filters are OK.

I find it quite effective to send the car for an NCT and 'winging it'. If it fails they give me a list of what failed and why - so I know exactly what to fix. It's usually a lot less expensive than sending the car to the garage and giving it the works from a 'just in case' point of view. I just check for obvious things before a test - bulbs, leaks, tyres, cracked windscreen, etc.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

crosstownk wrote:
    BTW, Four tyres and tracking for €120 is good value.
    Damn right - mine are just under €200 each! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Jood wrote:
    Got 4 new tyres and my tracking done this morning for 120e not bad I think.
    I can't even get 4 tyres for the 2 kids bikes for that money:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

Got the tyres and tracking done in mid west tyres limerick, cant believe the difference its like a completly different car to drive. The tyres arent top of the range or anything but they are new not remoulds.

Advertisement