Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Late Car delivery - Advice please!

Options
  • 31-05-2006 2:16pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭

OK,

So I ordered a new focus Titanium a while ago - 28th March to be precise.
    and I was told it would take about 6 weeks to arrive cause it was factory built. I didn't mind too much as I wanted the car, and specified a few extras. Including a Factory fitted body kit.

I then got a delivery date of the 13th May for my car - all going well.
    on the 12th May I gave the garage a bell to see what the story was and the guy I dealt with was not around but the chap I talked to said that the car was in and to give a bell back on Monday.
    I rang back on Monday (15th) and talked to my "dealer" and he said the car was ready to be picked up, I had not sold my previous car yet so I said I'll pick it up later that week.
    on Thursday 18th I called to say I would pick up the car on Friday 19th and then the dealer says "well actually your car is not ready!":eek:
    it turns out that the body kit is not factory fitted and he had to order it and get it fitted here. He said he knew about this 1 month before the car arrived but forgot to tell me, he said he also forgot to tell me this on Monday 15th.

He then said the car would be ready by the 26th Defo
    I rang on the 25th and said i'll be down to pick it up, surprise surprise it was not ready yet - some problem with the paint, but the assured me it would be ready on Tuesday (30th)
    Then I rang on Tuesday only to be told that he forgot to order the foglights for the new kit and they have to come from Germany balh balh....
    So I'm not sure if I'll even have it for the bank holiday wknd
    :eek: 3 weeks after it arrived in the garage:eek:

anyone any idea what I should do?

I don't think he'll be on for giving a discount as I have an employees discount already (17%). but surely I shouldn't receive different customer service cause of this?

One thing in his favour - he gave me the lend of a fiesta after I sold my car.

Sorry for the rant - it's wrecking my head!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

as him to tax it for a year? or a free first service something like that

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hmm... Tax for a year - Not a bad idea, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

mik_da_man wrote:
    I don't think he'll be on for giving a discount as I have an employees discount already (17%). but surely I shouldn't receive different customer service cause of this?

One thing in his favour - he gave me the lend of a fiesta after I sold my car.

Maybe you should learn to have a little bit of patience? :rolleyes:

You say you've gotten a 17% discount off a Titanium spec Focus so I think you're getting a pretty good deal. As I'm sure you already know, anything a dealer says should be taken with a large dose of salt. You've got a courtesy car and a really nice one on the way. Just relax and enjoy it when you get it.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

Maybe you should learn to have a little bit of patience? :rolleyes:

You say you've gotten a 17% discount off a Titanium spec Focus so I think you're getting a pretty good deal. As I'm sure you already know, anything a dealer says should be taken with a large dose of salt. You've got a courtesy car and a really nice one on the way. Just relax and enjoy it when you get it.;)

Sorry mate but thats rubbish, you pay several €1000 for a new motor, and you are given a delivery date. Thats what you pay for and thats what you expect. Its not a fridge or a suite of furniture, its probably your only means of transport, and you are probabaly pay back a loan for a car you havnt yet recieved. Leeway of 2/3 days I could understand, but 2 weeks is pushing it a bit. I wouldlook for the car to be taxed as an offer of good will. PS would the dealer will be reimbursted by Ford for the discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I take delivery of new cars everyday of the week. Very seldom do cars arrived on the expected delivery date. Usually though they arrive within a day or two. But every now and then one can take weeks longer. Any amount of factors can delay the car - shipping company, transporter company, dealer, damage etc, etc. In some cases cars have gone missing for weeks - sounds ridiculous but I've seen it happen. Nevertheless, you were promised your car on a certain date and its way beyond that now. You could try and bargain for a years tax or service but remember he has given you a courtesy car so you are not really all that inconvenienced but I do understand your frustration - its a new car and you simply want it to drive it. So basically you really only have two options 1 - wait it out and continue to drive the Fiesta or 2 - Pull out of the deal and get one elsewhere.

Best of luck with it though, when it does finally arrive!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't have a problem if the delivery date was off by a while.

My problem is that the car was delivered nearly 3 weeks ago:eek:
    But just down to the dealer not ordering the bodykit and getting it fitted in time
    it has been delayed for the 3 weeks.

Yeah - it sounds like the dealer just wasn't paying attention to what you ordered. He should have ordered those parts in anticipation of your car arriving - but in a lot of cases the dealer won't order the parts until the car arrives in case, for some reason, you pull out of the deal which is understandable, however it was wrong of him to tell you that the car was ready - he obviously didn't check what you had ordered. But given you got a generous discount he is probably aware that you are unlikely to pull out now because if you go elswhere it will cost you more and you will be back to square one in the order process.

crosstownk wrote:
    but in a lot of cases the dealer won't order the parts until the car arrives in case, for some reason, you pull out of the deal which is understandable

Hadn't thought about that.
    But the told me the kit was factory fitted and he knew 1 month before the car arrived that the kit had to be fitted here:mad:
    then when he ordered the kit, he didn't order all of it:confused:

Think I'll go for a yrs Tax - see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you're geting an employees discount of 17% you're hardly going to take your business elsewhere. have you tried talking to the salesman face to face and agreeing a realistic due time?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm in the same boat as you Mik and experience suggests that a standard level of spec. is the only one to go for. Optimised resale etc.

Your Titanium model, being high up in spec. really shouldn'y have needed anything.

I reckon you should have bought an ST. They are pretty impressive. Mine cracked the magical 30mpg barrier for the first time yesterday :D

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote:
    But the told me the kit was factory fitted and he knew 1 month before the car arrived that the kit had to be fitted here:mad:
    Is the "Factory Fitted Bodykit" an option in the brochure or is simply an accessory? If it is an accessory then while it is a genuine Ford accessory it is ordered through the parts network and fitted locally. My guess is that the latter is the case. If so, then the sales guy wasn't worried about that at the time of order as it made no difference to the vehicle as ordered from the factory. He obviously made no note of it either - which happens often but usually parts can be sourced the same day - but the delay arose as the dealer did not have your bodykit in stock:rolleyes:

I reckon you should have bought an ST. They are pretty impressive. Mine cracked the magical 30mpg barrier for the first time yesterday :D

Yeah I would have loved to have got an ST all right but paying €3,500:eek: for insurance was a bit much.

I reckon I'll hang on to the Titanium for a while and then move on to get an ST

crosstownk wrote:
    Is the "Factory Fitted Bodykit" an option in the brochure or is simply an accessory? If it is an accessory then while it is a genuine Ford accessory it is ordered through the parts network and fitted locally. My guess is that the latter is the case. If so, then the sales guy wasn't worried about that at the time of order as it made no difference to the vehicle as ordered from the factory. He obviously made no note of it either - which happens often but usually parts can be sourced the same day - but the delay arose as the dealer did not have your bodykit in stock:rolleyes:

The bodykit is an accessory, but what annoys me is that he said it was a factory fitted kit.
    When I ordered he said he could get his hands on a Titanium and order the kit and I would have it in 3 weeks, but he recommended getting the factory fitted kit :confused: and therefore it would take longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

I thought you were ordering an ST !?

Waste of money throwing things like kits onto cars like that - especially when you say yourself that over €3,000 is too much for insurance ??

Dealer seems like a bit of a chancer though.

If it's any consolation, my mate ordered a new Landcruiser SWB Commercial in January and he's picking it up tomorrow! That's close on 6 months.

I was gonna get an ST but decided against it.

As for this dealer chap - He was waiting for new lights for the bodykit, he told me tehy would be in this morning and get fitted to the car today,
    I called him this evening to check on the car and he says he never got any word on the lights then said "well actually I forgot all about it" and told me he'd check and give me a bell back.
    No phone call came:mad:

He's taking the Pi** now

Big Balls wrote:
    I thought you were ordering an ST !?

Waste of money throwing things like kits onto cars like that - especially when you say yourself that over €3,000 is too much for insurance ??

Dealer seems like a bit of a chancer though.

If it's any consolation, my mate ordered a new Landcruiser SWB Commercial in January and he's picking it up tomorrow! That's close on 6 months.

6 months is a bit on the long side, even for a Land Cruiser. worth the wait though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

mik_da_man wrote:
    I was gonna get an ST but decided against it.

As for this dealer chap - He was waiting for new lights for the bodykit, he told me tehy would be in this morning and get fitted to the car today,
    I called him this evening to check on the car and he says he never got any word on the lights then said "well actually I forgot all about it" and told me he'd check and give me a bell back.
    No phone call came:mad:

He's taking the Pi** now

I'd tell him shove it up his jacksie.

Go and buy a stock focus Titanium from another dealer.

I'd tell him shove it up his jacksie.

Go and buy a stock focus Titanium from another dealer.

I'm very tempted!!
    If he does not sort this out today/tmrw morning i'm gonna have to do something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

I'd recommend giving him an option of having the car ready for you tomorrow at the latest or else keeping it. Should get some action out of him.

I rang the dealer again and he does not know when my car will be ready:eek:
    He ordered the new lights on Tuesday @ 12.
    and he says he has no idea when they will arrive - and Ford in Cork have no idea either:confused:

Can this be true? or is he leading me on??

• Advertisement

Have you seen that the car actually exists?

Why not take the car without the fogs for now, and get them fitted once they arrive?

Advertisement