Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom/Imagine/BT/Perlico or UTV

• 31-05-2006 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

Okay, having spent the last day trawling through posts here and every single provider in Ireland, the above providers are my options. Due to location most providers are rules out.
    At this stage I've pretty much ruled out Perlico and Eircom and am veering towards BT, I've of course read several negative comments on here about BT, but still, they seem to offer a pretty good technical service. Imagine are probably my second option, with UTV coming up 3rd. I intend making the phone-call before the evening is over - any comments anyone.
    BTW this address should be added to the sticky posts as I found it invaluable:

http://www.broadband.gov.ie/bbinfo/ServiceListWF.aspx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

BT are getting better and their service has hardly any downtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

BT for me aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

yeah even doh most people on here have bad things to say about BT..there only a very small fraction of its customers so in my opinion theres a very small chance you will have a major problem with them..id go with them if i was you..i currently have UTV and its good espcially with unlimited package (no caps) but im suffering from a ping problem...which other utv customers had as well so if your a gamer id stay away from them..try magnet and see when there availble in your area if its in the next few months id advise ya to wait and go with them because i think there probably the best

Advertisement