Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council piping question

Options
  • 31-05-2006 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I've called the council to replace a water tap outside my house and they've asked for me to arrange for a qualified plumber to be present for when they do the replacement. Now, I've a relation who's pretty handy when it comes to plumbing and has done these types of connections many times before (it's going to be a .5 inch copper pipe connecting to a .75 inch MDPE pipe) and he has agreed to be there. Upon calling the council to confirm the appointment I've been told they won't do the repairs if there's no qualified plumber present, I realise this is probably due to the fact that they want to turn back on the water when they're finished and want denability if a problem subsequently arises. Now i know I'm capable of making the connection, and with my relation present can do it no problem, but we're techincally not qualified plumbers.

Does anyone know if this will be a problem when they turn up or might it be a case of the central office insisting on a qualified plumber while the actual crew that arrive won't insist on it as long as the job appears to be done well?

I'm dreading them walking away if they see no qualified plumber present. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

whats he meant to do bring all his certs with him??

dont think so, just tell them he is qualified

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭chabsey

beolight wrote:
    whats he meant to do bring all his certs with him??

dont think so, just tell them he is qualified

Yeah, this is what I'm hoping for. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I just hope he knows the secret plumber's handshake.
    My guess is that the council workers will probably be union members hence the insistance on only dealing with qualified tradesmen.

Advertisement