Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for the girls

Options
  • 31-05-2006 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Well folks- we moved in last weekend and we're loving it!! Even getting up at the crack of dawn is not too bad- although the sun makes it much easier! :)

So I have an important question for the gals - and maybe even some of boys! :eek: What's the beauty salon in charlesland like? It seems too convenient not to use it but I just wanted to see if anyone has any opinions or experiences good or bad? If it is outrageously priced/bad service/will turn my hair green I'd like to know sooner rather than later!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Hiya!

The salon is good, but the beauty treatment room is tiny! Don't get me wrong, they are very good at what they do. Their prices are very reasonable compared to other salons I've gone to in town (and the one my sister works in) as they use Dermologica products which are fab!

My only criticism is I wanted to get my hair curled using the GHD, but they had to get someone in to it and that person was unavailable to do it. I had to go to Kudos in The Meridian and they are good as well.

Hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

I have had my hair cut and highlights done and had no problems with either and reasonably priced. I also had the spray tan done and have to say it came out great! So all in all Ive had no complaints with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

I had my spray tan done there several times and it really comes out great. Had my nails done too, the beauty therapist is really nice and helpful and would recommend for what she has done so far. As for the hairdressers I used to go there all the time but then I thought I was paying far too much for a wash and blow dry straight €30 - €35 and it wasnt even that straight!! So then I went to Kudos in the Meridian centre and they did a fab job on my hair and it only cost €25!! and you get to sit in a chair that massages you while u get your hair washed - 2 weeks ago I went back to Kudos and had a whole restyle done and it was €35!!!! Have to say my hair looked FAB!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 JKB

I agree, I would go to Kudos to get my hair done. Had it done in the Charlesland place just the once and it wasn't great, not very straight and they are more expensive as Inch said.

Can't believe they had to get someone in to curl your hair Plenty.... are they not hairdressers !?!?!?! ;)

Haven't had any beauty stuff done in there as I tend to go to McCauleys or back to Nuala Woulfe in Glasthule.... have gone there for years, hard to break the habit !

That was the very question I asked them, JKB.

I love Nuala Woulfe as well. The Body Refining treatment is gorgeous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

Cheers girls for all the info that's great!! I am going to get my spray tan done in sin e so and the hair in kudos! Fantastic! :D

This site is great! Will definitely try Kudos next!

Where in Glasthule is Nuala Woulfe or would you have a ph no, I work in Dun Laoghaire so she would be handy, I've been to a few around here which arent that great.

LMC wrote:
    Where in Glasthule is Nuala Woulfe or would you have a ph no, I work in Dun Laoghaire so she would be handy, I've been to a few around here which arent that great.

Hi LMC,

Nuala Woulfe is near the Christian Brothers in Glasthule in a car park. It's directly opposite the Cow Shed.

The Peacock Salon in Crunch Fitness is brilliant for facials, waxing and back massages (I have to biased as my sister works there in salon:p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 JKB

Here's their site LMC....

http://www.nualawoulfe.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well you know that is the best way to scare any single females away and a lot of females from using the forum :(

Boards.ie and any of the forums at or host by boards.ie are not hook up or dating sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thaedydal wrote:
    Well you know that is the best way to scare any single females away and a lot of females from using the forum :(

Boards.ie and any of the forums at or host by boards.ie are not hook up or dating sites.
    Thanks Thaedydal, offending posts moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

Did I miss something? :confused:

Anyways folks just to update you - went to sin e on sat and was very impressed so thanks for all the tips!!

:)

SJ wrote:
    Did I miss something? :confused:

:)

I Think we all did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Manus

Couple of amorous chaps looking for details on the Laydeez of Charlesland . Suprise Suprise ,boys were ejected by MrT and Eoin. Good work boys I love it when a plan comes together.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Manus wrote:
    MrT

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

typical boys Thaedydal - full of presumption ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Manus wrote:
    Couple of amorous chaps looking for details on the Laydeez of Charlesland . Suprise Suprise ,boys were ejected by MrT and Eoin. Good work boys I love it when a plan comes together.:)
    So does that make Eoin Murdoch, Face or Hannibal...

I reckon Murdoch.

please don't ban me sir!

So does that make Eoin Murdoch, Face or Hannibal...

I reckon Murdoch.

please don't ban me sir!
    I was hoping for Mr T, but that's already taken (well, Ms T is anyway). I guess Murdock so...

murdock-krant.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SPS

Any recommendations for a good beauticians in bray (for a waxing!!), McCauleys and Lady Greystones are all booked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Hi SPS.....again I have used Michelle in Sin E and she is brillo pads at the olde Waxing...I hadnt had it done in a long time and was bricking it and honestly didnt feel much at all. Will defo go back to her agin. Domt know any in Bray if thats where u were looking specifically.:D

SPS wrote:
    Any recommendations for a good beauticians in bray (for a waxing!!), McCauleys and Lady Greystones are all booked up.

A friend of ours runs a salon from her house in Bray, but I think she keeps a pretty busy schedule as she brought all her clients from her previous company. I can ask her though if you want?

Advertisement