Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb and IBB Business Broadband

• 31-05-2006 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I'm just wondering about peoples opinions of Digiweb and IBB business broadband packages.

I'm looking at their wireless packages at the moment...
    The copper in this area is brutal with constant outages at the Eircom Crown Alley exchange...so we are looking at using a wireless connection instead (we have very good line of sight to 3-rock)

IBB costs €1085 per month for 2MB uncontended
    Digiwebs equivalent package costs €895 (with the added bonus of coming with 2 x Voip line)

Before any home users interject ... I'm looking for business broadband... not a mickey mouse home package!

Would be interested in hearing actual users opinions on:
    -Outages
    -Professionalism of support staff
    -Issue turn-around time
    -Stability of network
    -Happiness with service
    -What you used before (Leased line, DSL etc)
    Or any other opinions
    Thanks In Advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭geecee

Just a little Bump to this message...

Surely someone out there has some experience with IBB and Digiwebs business offerings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I no a few companys that used IBB needless to save they have now left IBB. Not to sure on Digiwebs Business service. But there Home is Top!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Digiweb are in ringsend too , you can also get Magnet (aka Leap) wireless where you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

For a business package I would not touch IBB with a 100 foot barge pole.
    I have a business package and it is just far too unreliable.

(Bray down for 5 whole days).

If you have a choice go with the other options. If you have no choice go with Dialup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I would say Leap/Magnet does SDSL in that exchange as well. It might suffer the same problems that you're currently experiencing but I can't imagine it will be any worse than a wireless alternative, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

The IBB uncontended serivce I have heard nothing but praise for, they use a different technology. Obviously their backhaul Im sure uses the same as other customers.but at 1k + Id believe you would have some sway in the Tech Support (Monkey) Dept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I had IBB a while ago for business. They were useless. Not going to go into it here but it is well documented here on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Overlander

Would be interested in hearing actual users opinions on DIGIWEB:
    -Outages >>>>NONE for 6 weeks
    -Professionalism of support staff >>>> The "Technical Support" staff support the techies who can't fix my phone. They don't support me, the customer.
    -Issue turn-around time >>> 6 weeks and can't fix my phone.
    -Stability of network >>>> Dropped 2 calls yesterday.
    -Happiness with service >>>> Web access is great. Phone is sadly unusable.
    -What you used before (Leased line, DSL etc) >>> Eircom 1MB ADSL
    Or any other opinions >>>>> I would not recommend Digiweb to my worst enemy.

Advertisement