Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic ASP + SOAP on Windows 2003 x64

Options
  • 31-05-2006 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any idea of how I can access a web-service using SOAP through classic ASP on Windows 2003 x64. The MS SOAP Toolkit 3.0 is not supported on x64 (DLL's won't regsiter, naturally) and I can't use .NET anything - it's a large application that only need a small change to access this webservice. :(

I'm not great with classic ASP so I'm not sure how to go about it...
    If there is another way to consume an XML webservice (apart from HTTP GET) via classic ASP then I'm all ears! :)

Thanks in advance

BTW, .NET anything is not an option here, in this case. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Can you use the COM+ wrapper to it .. bit of a messy workaround ..

If you can then can you use the COM+ interface to .NET and use ASP to accress the COM+ object through normal means.

I am only guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I could, but I'd rather do it without having to install any objects on the server - it's too much hassle (by this I mean QA, etc as we have strict rules about what can be deployed on our webservers. I wouldn't like it to be my fault that IIS choked :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Hmm right then.. possibly you could use Server.Transfer which might help (work) or Server.Execute but that would assume that you could install the .NET Framework and I dont know if they will alllow you do ASPX files.

Its part of the ASP 3.0 spec

Other than that.. use a GET method. Or use WGET/HTTPGET on a different server that will support SOAP to run the application and return the info (really not a great option!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Ginger wrote:
    Other than that.. use a GET method.
    Bah, I was afraid of that. Far too much code writing involved in this old classic ASP lark :(:p

Advertisement