Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damn clotheshorses.. neigh !!!

Options
  • 31-05-2006 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

:confused: jaysis whats with all the clothes horses on the ground floors lads.. makes the place a tad tacky don't ya agree.. i know you have to dry clothes but c'mon...am i the only one who feels this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

HI Daveyo are you talking about the Duplexs or houses? I have to agree with you but I am lucky I have a three bed house and have no-one looking into my back so no-one can see my washing but if someone is living in a duplex lower or upper they dont have much of a chance to dry clothes except on their balconys or patios. It does look majorly tacky but in the good weather I can understand the need to get their washing dry asap . I personally wouldnt do it but each to their own and needs must!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

some apartment complexes have clauses in their management contracts saying you can't dry washing on your balcony as it makes the place look like a tenement. don't think there's anything in our management agreement about this though, and even if there was it'd be difficult to enforce (they seem to have given up on the sky dishes).

People have to dry their clothes somewhere. Can't blame them for putting the racks outside when the weather is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It's the manure that bothers me!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

It's the manure that bothers me!

:D

Yeah! but it's great for the kids to play with!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

All of the apartments and duplexes as far as i know say in the management contracts that you are not allowed to put clothes out to dry in viseable areas,
    Also Dogs are not allowed in apts/dups and excessive noise.

Ive seen the clothes, the dogs thing doesn't bother me but i do think it is cruel to have dogs in an apartment.

And i haven't had any excessive noise as of yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

loyatemu wrote:
    some apartment complexes have clauses in their management contracts saying you can't dry washing on your balcony as it makes the place look like a tenement. .

If a place is occupied by tenants...what does that make it? The Taj Bleedin' Mahal? I'm sick of these mobsters with their expensive rents and mortgages telling people how to live and what their activities do and don't make the place look like. Obviously a certain minimum of "proper" behaviour is expected but how long is it before someone drapes an Irish flag over his balcony only to have the local Orange Order on his case the next morning. ??

Advertisement