Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

don't know what to think

• 31-05-2006 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i was at a party recently and was chatting with a friend's boyfriend. we ended up staying up later than most and drank quite a bit. we talked for ages, had a laugh and after a while we were sitting beside each other and he had his arm around me. we were getting all close and he touched my breast and ass a bit but i stopped him before we kissed fully and he apologised. i told him it was fine, to forget about it and we chatted some more. he's been going out with my friend for about two years and i've only gotten to know him well over the past couple of months. a few weeks ago something similar happened, where we were left alone together. i got the impression then that he was interested in me but nothing happened so i forgot about it. but now i keep thinking about it because i didn't want to stop but i knew i had to. should i just forget it happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

So, your interested in a chap who would cheat on your friend, with one of her friends??? ( just looking at thing objectively for a moment )

And what makes you think that were you to be going out with him he would not do the same to you???

Realistically he's a ****, and you'll end up hurt, and down a mate.

Not really good odds in fairness.

I wouldn't tell your mate though, the whole jealous friend thing my crop up, which you aren't but she will need to find out about any other incident on her own i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

I agree with Dragan. You're going to end up losing a friend for starters and secondly the chances are he is going to do the same to you. Forget about him!! Forget about ever having a relationship with this creep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I was in a similar situation myself a while back, as the others have pointed out you should put your friend first and were right not to let anything else happen.

He sounds like a right a****** for doing that to your friend if he's been with her 2 years.

Out of curiosity, would you tell your friend about him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

The guy sounds like an absolutely slimy untrustworthy b*stard tbh.
    Best put by YeAH! - Forget about having a relationship with this creep.

He's been going out with your mate 2 years, FFS. And at no point in your post do you mention him ever considering leaving his gf (your mate, reiterated just to hammer the point home) or taking you seriously at all. I cannot believe that, not only do you stand for this lecherous cr*p, but then you wonder if there's any future in it!

The whole thing would be F**king laughable, if it wasn't so depressing.

first of all, sorry for making that post unclear. i don't see any future in what happened and i don't condone cheating. my feelings aside (as they are irrelevant, it's my friend i'm thinking about), what i meant was should i forget about it and not say anything - to him or to my friend? i don't think it's something he makes a habit of, but then if he tried it once... and i guess i'm feeling guilty because i didn't stop it right away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

OK One thing.. Friends are supposed to be outraged on your behalf at the idea of your boyfriend cheating on you! Not thinking about screwing around with him!!!

Look if there's any decency left in you at all, then walk away now. She deserves a better friend (i use this term EXTREMELY loosely) than you! The fact that you are even thinking this way proves it! It's obvious he's a creep, and tbh it sounds to me like all he wants is an easy lay. He'd probably dump you after he'd gotten what he wanted. If you went through with it you deserve that. IMO anyway. You are no different from your friend in his eyes. He treats her like dirt. He'd treat you the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Fair play to him i say.

I wonder how many of his gfs other mates he has dropped the hand on?

Sounds like a legend to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭uncle ernie

Fair play to him i say.

I wonder how many of his gfs other mates he has dropped the hand on?

Sounds like a legend to me.

:D ha haaaa ha ha

gal friday wrote:
    first of all, sorry for making that post unclear. i don't see any future in what happened and i don't condone cheating. my feelings aside (as they are irrelevant, it's my friend i'm thinking about), what i meant was should i forget about it and not say anything - to him or to my friend? i don't think it's something he makes a habit of, but then if he tried it once... and i guess i'm feeling guilty because i didn't stop it right away.

any more thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

TBH, I think the best thing you can do is forget about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

if shes your best mate tell her. If its just a mate dont.

Advertisement