Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Level French!

• 31-05-2006 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hey guys!

Just 1derin if any of u could possibly let me get my hands on one of the mock papers. I know there are three, a have 2: The one 4 my actual mock(obviously!), and another one our teacher gave us.

If anyone can help (please do!) all I want is Section Three (ie. the formal & informal letter and postcard/note).

I have already done the one about introducing urself nd ur family. And another 1 about how u got on in the exams, TY, Summer.

If u can plz post both the formal and informal letters!

If ne1 wants Ill write up the other two for ya!

Thanx a mil & gud luck in da JC!!!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

For the love of english... *mutters*

Text speak isn't allowed on the board, you know.

And.. okay, are you looking for sample questions? http://www.examinations.ie has past papers and the like so you could try there. Otherwise, I'm not entirely sure what you're actually asking for.

EDIT: Also, was going through some of your old posts to see if it was you I was giving out to for text speak before, and.. why in the sam hell are you doing both the Junior Cert and the Leaving Cert? Are you two people or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Bonjour disney (that's French for Hello disney),

Luckily, I've kept my last years Mock paper in a drawer, so I'll scan them in for you now...

Pre-Junior Cert 2005
    French - HL
    Section III
    Written Expression (80 marks)

(a)
    (b)

Hope they're helpful...
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭disney

Yes we are two people, as screwed for the examinations as each other!!:rolleyes:

Ya, thank a mil diarmsquid. A lot of help!!;)

Yes we are two people, as screwed for the examinations as each other!!:rolleyes:

Ya, thank a mil diarmsquid. A lot of help!!;)

Au Revoir Diarmsquid (That is french for goodbye Diarmsquid!) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

disney wrote:
    Au Revoir Diarmsquid (That is french for goodbye Diarmsquid!) :D
    I should take this down..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

disney wrote:

Well that's weird...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Did one of you make a post each, or was that a double post? If the first one, which one of you did the French part? Very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I was going to not post here and wait for PFM to post so we'd have Three Invader Zim avatars in a row.

But I'm a killjoy so I didn't.

Disney: Are you doing your Junior or Leaving Cert?

We are two totally different people.

My and my sisiter, I the younger nd nicer 1 am doin my junior cert. Whereas my older sister is doin her leavin cert.

Not that complicated really!:cool:

Well I'm sure you could create two different accounts to stop all the confusion. ;)

• Advertisement

disney wrote:
    We are two totally different people.

My and my sisiter, I the younger nd nicer 1 am doin my junior cert. Whereas my older sister is doin her leavin cert.

Not that complicated really!:cool:

Well then why on earth didn't you create separate accounts?

As far as I remember I posted this thread 4 junior cert french, not to bore u all wit my familys ins and outs!!!:rolleyes:

Anyone know if we are gettin both the formal and informal letter for sure!?

What one are ye goin 2 do?!:confused:

I was just curious, is all.

I remember, in my year, being last year, both of them came up. My class had never even been told there was such a thing as a formal letter, so I almost had a heart attack. I glanced at the back page, saw only the formal letter, and... yeah, commence heart attack.
    Not sure if it's a normal thing for both of them to come up, though.

Yeah I think your year was the first time a formal letter ever came up.
    I think I might do the formal letter if we've got an option actually, because I've got loads of formal phrases which I'll learn off before the French exam. But then there's the fact that we might not even have an option.

The formal letter has always been on the course, but only ever came up once- last year, and it was an option too so those who hadn't learnt one didn't have to do it. It's possible that they might put up a formal letter on it's own this year and I'll be glad if they do because they're the easiest the get marks in if you have phrases just learned off.

That and a letter about a farm. We were all taught how to write about a farm in case it came up.

A farm???

WHAT?!:confused:

ARE U SURE UR NOT A LITTLE CONFUSED? please tell me u are!

I know the formal moderately well. the informal is ok too. I THOUGHT i was ok.

English 2mrw, good luck 2 y'all, its not the worst tho, wait till science. There will b farmore than the expected "one or two tears!!!":eek:

A farm? Whaaaaaaa? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Haven't done any prep for a formal letter at all.
    Our teacher was preggers for second year, s we have 7 different teachers over the course of the year, none of which could teach.

If a non-formal letter comes up, I'm screwed...unless of course some kind soul would upload some notes...

disney wrote:
    A farm???

WHAT?!:confused:

ARE U SURE UR NOT A LITTLE CONFUSED? please tell me u are!

I know the formal moderately well. the informal is ok too. I THOUGHT i was ok.

English 2mrw, good luck 2 y'all, its not the worst tho, wait till science. There will b farmore than the expected "one or two tears!!!":eek:

Yup, my reaction too. But w/e, maintenant je dois traire une vache* ¬.¬

*for non French speakers it means Now I have to milk a cow.

#Elites wrote:
    ill make some notes now for you on word nothing else to do!
    Sound. Want Irish notes? =)

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks very much.

Any other subject?

#Elites wrote:
    im alright thanks ;)

lol.

BUT I found a mistake......;)
    For greeting a girl it's Chére (except the accent goes the other way, I just dunno how to type it on this....) not cheré.....;)
    i mean no harm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Piste wrote:
    maintenant je dois traire une vache*
    Je ne suis pas un vache, je suis un taureau. Mais ta professeur de musique ... je ne sais pas. :d

Oh la la.

Go for the shins!

I mean, allez a les shins*!

*is not real french word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 hashbaby

So scared that a formal letter won't come up....does anyone know whether or not we will definitely be given a choice? oh please please please let there be a choice-the informal is way too hard cos ya can't really predict it:(

grrr french and history in the one day...are they trying to kill us? i cant absorb that much information!:eek:

Advertisement