Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Title list(somewhat off topic sorry)

Options
  • 31-05-2006 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

I didn't know where to put this really but I'm sure it has come up for some of you before! I'm looking for a list of titles i.e. Mr, Mrs, Ms, Dr, Fr etc. etc. to but into a title drop down box, hence the choice of forum! For all my googling I cant find one! It needs to be fairly comprehensive, but nothing too weird or unusual needs to be covered! Any help appreciated, cheers!

FtG.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Covers most:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titles

Goes into Detail aswell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Yeah I tried that but its not really what I'm looking for, thanks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

There's no international standard as such, though diplomats will generally go with whatever a person presents themselves as, even if it's 'supreme overlord of...'. It really comes down to your expected audience, medics, military, and politicians are usually the only ones to worry about, suffixes are more the issue with those sporting academic qualifications.
    In General.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I know what you're saying. The expected audience isn't going to be too unusual, or picky about it necessarily, I'm really just looking for maybe 10-15 of the most common titles, including my examples in my first post, nothing too fancy you know? I just wouldn't know any other than what I have there.

Advertisement