Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number XIII

Options
  • 31-05-2006 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

If like me, you've been a bit confused by the XIII stuff. This thread is pretty helpful:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=84656

Pure speculation on my part but I'd say they have alot more done for this game than we think. I would be very surprised if we have to wait anywhere near the amount of time we've been waiting for XII. I hope it's not rushed though. EDIT:link.

The game doesn't hugely concern me as I don't intend on getting a PS3 for some time, if ever, but it's nice to see a bit of non VII-related stuff being churned out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

That's pretty cool, I wasn't quite sure what they were on about before. The only thing I hope is that the 'common mythos' isn't some convoluted thing that you will only catch on too if you play all three. Theres no chance I will end up playing the mobile one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

The mobile one is quoted as being a "seperate entity".

But:
    However, while each title in the project features different characters, different worlds, and different stories, all are ultimately based on and expand upon a common mythos.

Tis a bit confusing. but they all look like seperate games. Provided a Laguna/Squall situation doesn't arise all should be well.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

I'm a bit confused...maybe I missed something, but...

FF Versus XIII "will appear alongside FF XIII"...so released at the same time?

If it's a double release, surely they're not expecting gamers to pay for 2 Final Fantasy games and play them simultaneously? And if so does that not bring up questions about the lenght and quality of the two titles?

Yet if it's released sometime aftwards, isn't it practically FF XIV since it has "a wholly independent story unfolding in a different world with different characters"? Why is it retaining the XIII link, just for this "common mythos"?

Hmm...I dunno...it'll either be pure genius or pure ****e. Interesting nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Here's a good article:

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1309.html

I must say that I was woefully confused when I saw the trailer that showed the battle system but boo-urns to the return of crappy crappy ATB.
    With Final Fantasy XIII, the development is also trying to offer battle scenes rivaling those of last year's CG movie Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children in terms of quality.

Hardly setting their sights high now are they?

There's also a titbit of information at the bottom regarding Crisis Core for anyone who cares.

Advertisement