Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messiest Food?

• 31-05-2006 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

I nominate the Mango. Sticky as hell and hard to get much out of it. Don't even go near one without a towel or a napkin.

Delicious all the same tho!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Kebabs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

simu wrote:
    Kebabs
    would have to agree there,but they taste so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,940 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Kebabs are up there... but also stuff like chicken wings, drumsticks can be quite messy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Grow a dirty big bushy moustache and beard and it changes.
    Anything you have to suck up is a mess then, becuase it can get picked up outside your gob.

Guinness is the worst offender. have to lick the 'tache after initial swig.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i managed to get bbq sauce on my legs, arms, face, fingers, towel today while at teh beach dippin crisps in it, and its damned sticky.

so today i nominate BBQ dips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It has to be Crubeens. They are gelatinous, greasy, sticky, hairy(!).
    Just try sucking the juicy bits out from between the toes & see how badly messed up your face & fingers get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Software Guru

Washing your face with a Chicken kebab smothered in chilli at 2am in the morning.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I think pears and nectarines are pretty damn messy. I always end up covered in sticky sweet juice whenever I try to eat them no matter what method I try to stop it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

For anyone living in Cork, the messiest, but most incredible food ever, has to be the King Creole from KC's.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Kebab they always put to much sauce on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

corn on the cob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Has to be bbq ribs and Im just terrible with pizza, nearly every time it tries to attack me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

simu wrote:
    Kebabs

I need a bib when I'm eating them sober, let alone when drunk, drunken kebab eating has to be the messiest thing ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I always end up covered in sticky sweet juice whenever I try to eat them no matter what method I try to stop it happening.
    Quoted out of context for fun!

I'll have to go with kebabs as well.. I always feel like there is some knack to eating them that I missing out on... but there probably isn't... it doesn't stop me from feeling ashamed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,537 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If Eddie Rockets did kebabs, that would be your winner

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh can I also mention nachos in the cinema... I don't know how people manage to eat that stuff in the dark... I tried it once and came out of the cinema with salsa and cheese all over my shirt... again... I was very ashamed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Spaghetti Bolognese- there always seems to be a bit of spaghetti that falls, splashing bolognese sauce on your nice white tshirt.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Stupid crumbly icingy cake, oh and biscuits in bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Viennese Whirls from either Aldi or Lidle...

nuff said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

donuts leave sugar everywhere...not a bad thing btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Not if you hoover while you eat, with your mouth.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Quoted out of context for fun!
    You're such a naughty monkey!

Chicken wings can be pretty messy too, esp when they're covered in delicious sauce like the ones in the Elephant and Castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Marmalade. The jam of the Devil.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Would have to vote for spaghetti bolognaise too. Definitely not one to eat in a posh restaurant if you're trying to impress somebody. Our mum used to cut up the spaghetti really small before cooking - almost rice size! Much cleaner, though of course less fun to eat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Hagar wrote:
    Marmalade. The jam of the Devil.

LMAO Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

kiwi's they go all over the place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

mmm bbq ribs or chicken wings, also meatball sub from subway... :)

CC

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

a crepe filled with melted belgian chocolate.

i once had a friend stand with a tissue cleaning off my face in the middle of galway coz i got destroyed, damned good though

Advertisement