Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Cherrywood Clondalkin

Options
  • 01-06-2006 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Thinking of buying a house in Cherrywood Park, Clondalkin. Does anyone have any info on this area - i.e. is it reasonably ok?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Clondalkinman

I live in Cherrywood also known as Cherryhood:D .Ah its ok. Ders a good few gangs knockin around the place and i wouldn't go into Corkagh park at night. But in the day its alrite. Der dus be a few cars an scaramblers flyin around the place sumtimes. I'm just being honest with you cause you probly havent seen dat side to the place yet. Its moraless a workin class place. So dats wat ya shud expect from it.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

Used to live just across the Rd from Cherrywood myself... as Clondalkinman said its OK (ish) during the day but I wouldn't go near the place at night... having said that its like most areas of that side of Clondalkin... its who you come across that'll cause ya hassle not so much just the one area... so all'n'all I don't presume you're gonna hang about street corners at night, so ya should be fine.

I've gotten more hassle in Woodford/Dutch Village at night than some areas of Bawnogue... ya know?!:rolleyes:

(PS: Clondalkinman... learn ta spell, wud'ya!?):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 poolergirl

Thanks for the info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Laura Fitz06

hi ya i lived in cherrywood villas its not some where i would ever move back to the houses are tiny and the cars flying around are mad two kids were nearly killed by one when i lived there plus oldchirch is only a stone through away and no one wants to live there.. my advice dont buy look around

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

place has a fairly bad rep by all accounts. that said it is due to get a lot of investment in the near future. far as i know theres even a train station going in and speed bumps are on the way for the joyrider types. so who knows it may be a good investment if your planning to buy on a 40yr mortgage and sell in a couple of years to get the next step on the property ladder. of course in the current climate who knows weather the crash will happen soon so you may be better off waiting.
    plus every area has a bad rep at some stage or another so its up to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Not too bad a place. The terraced houses are really small. Working class area and a lot of rented out houses in the area. I had some really nice neighbours and everyone kinda looked out for each others interests checking on cars, turning lights on etc. Never had a problem in the nearby park, went for some late jogs during the summer, no hassle there. I remember some East Europeans having a party there once. VERY very Loud. There were also a couple of Burnt out cars on the road I lived at. Couple of cars broken into as well and stuff taken...

If you are still undecided, talk to the neighbours. Ask them about what happens at night. Or better still get your self over to that area you are looking at and check out what goes after dark... Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

My mothers lived in the avenue for 15+ years now.
    There are a gang of about 4 kids who cause hassle in there recently, and they are fairly minor.
    Always found it fairly quiet, not sure about the park though.

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 poolergirl

Bought the house due to the fact that it was end of terrace and is extended and far less expensive than similar or worse in Lucan. Have been in the house for 5 months now with no problems. The neighbours are great and as Dammer said everyone looks out for each other and keeps an eye on each others houses/cars etc. There is less traffic than Lucan, if I leave at 6.45 I can be in city centre before 7.30, leave at 7, I will be in by 8 (work starts at 8.30). Clondalkin village is a short walk away and has everything you could possibly want, including nice pubs, shops and restaurants. Haven't come across any gangs or really unsavoury types here, there are a few groups of kids between about 8 to 14 that move about en masse and can be a little cheeky, but they don't seem to seriously bother anyone. There are speed bumps everywhere (and on Cherrywood Villas) so there is no speeding around the estate. The thing that surprised me is that it is really quiet here day and night (except for New Years eve but that was to be expected!). Yes, the new train station is being located nearby and so is the route of the Metro West if that goes ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I live in Cherrywood also known as Cherryhood:D .Ah its ok. Ders a good few gangs knockin around the place and i wouldn't go into Corkagh park at night. But in the day its alrite. Der dus be a few cars an scaramblers flyin around the place sumtimes. I'm just being honest with you cause you probly havent seen dat side to the place yet. Its moraless a workin class place. So dats wat ya shud expect from it.;)

Spelling-DictionaryNazi.gif

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hawkquin

Hi this looks like the thread for me. I’m thinking of buying in clondalkin but I’m not to familiar with the area. Can anyone advise on the more desirable areas and also what areas to avoid? I’d really appreciate the help:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

What parts are you looking at...?I am not to familiar with Clondalkin but I am sure somebody here will be able to help.

Advertisement